• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

#NewMeta - Azumarill

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Pokemon: Azumarill
184.png
184.png

Base Stats: 100 HP/50 Atk/80 Def/50 SAtk/80 SDef/50 Spe

Notable Moves:

Waterfall
Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Belly Drum
Whirlpool
Perish Song
Aqua Ring
Ice Punch
Superpower
Knock Off
Power Up Punch

Siren Singer
Ability:
Thick Fat
Nature: Calm (+SpD,-Atk)
EV Spread: 252 Hp 252 SpD 4 Def
Item:
Leftovers
Move set: Whirlpool, Perish Song, Aqua Ring, Protect

Classically, Azumarill is recognized for its two sets. Banded and BellyJet, Generation 6 has introduced a new popular Assault Vest Azumarill and with the new fairy typing and knock off mechanics, Azumarill just got a whole lot more interesting. With all of these new treasures, many seem to have forgotten about a classic and under-appreciated perish trapper set. Azumarill can effectively run a bulky set using whirlpool to trap and deal residual damage to the opponent while perish song slowly kills them. Between a nice defensive ability like Thick Fat and the decent base bulk of Azumarill this set is known to damage many walls tearing apart many teams. Aqua Ring and Protect are used to draw out the turns gaining back leftovers recovery as well. On the last turn of perish song Azumarill is free to switch out and leave your opponent to their demise while smiling all the way back to its pokeball!

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
I accidentally bred a thick fat one earlier. I will give this a try

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I told Dom about this set back in February, he said something along the lines of how its a super terrible gimmicky set, that only works on showdown because it's impossible to have whirlpool and perish song on the same set. #PerfectPokemonPuberty

Btw, I like to use sap sipper for spore and grass attacks, as no one wants to hit azu with Ice/Fire moves anyhow.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I told Dom about this set back in February, he said something along the lines of how its a super terrible gimmicky set, that only works on showdown because it's impossible to have whirlpool and perish song on the same set. #PerfectPokemonPuberty

Btw, I like to use sap sipper for spore and grass attacks, as no one wants to hit azu with Ice/Fire moves anyhow.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about, I probably told you that Sap Sipper and Whirlpool are impossible to use together because they are, hence Thick Fat

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
already got a pokemon using leftovers. Any other recommended item?

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits