• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

#NewMeta - Deoxys-Defence

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Pokemon: Deoxys-Defence

386-d.png
386-d.png

Base stats: 50/70/160/70/160/90

Notable moves:
Calm Mind
Dark Pulse
Psychic
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Charge Beam
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Energy Ball

#NewMeta Set

Deoxys-Specs
Nature: Modest
EV Spread: 252 Special Attack / 4 Special Defence / 252 Speed
Ability: Pressure
Item:
Choice Specs
Move set: Psychic/Psyshock/Psycho Boost, Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse, Charge Beam, Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

Deoxys-Mixed
Nature: Hasty
EV Spread: 100 Attack / 156 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Ability: Pressure
Item: Life Orb
Move set: Psychic/Psyshock/Psycho Boost, Power-Up-Punch, Calm Mind, Drain Punch

Description: In my opinion, the two main sets for Deo-D are either choice or mixed attacker, and the two sets listed above are the best of both. Choice Specs is what I have used for the first set, backing up Deoxys-Defence's decent special movepool. Granted, 70 base isn't great, but when boosted, you get something capable of hitting hard. This is backed up with amazing defences, both physical and special hitting 160, but you're less focused on investing in them with these sets. 90 base speed is also extremely good for a general wall, but when tasked with offence, it is still great - seeing as you have such large defences, who cares if you're a little slower?! Anyway, down to the moves. Psychic or Psyshock are great STAB moves to generally use, however, if you want more of a hit-and-run kind of 'mon, you can always try using Psycho Boost to hit for 140 BP before STAB - pretty deadly. If you're looking to deal even more damage, why not run Charge Beam? By locking yourself into it, you can increase your special attack to high numbers over many turns of use. This also has another sneaky application - if the opponent was to use Knock Off to hit for super effective damage, you have stacked your Special Attack boosts and can sweep with the rest of your movepool! For other coverage moves, your main options are Ice Beam or Thunderbolt, but you can also check out the Notable Moves section for other options. Thunderbolt is there to hit bulky water types, like Tentacruel, however, seeing as you already have Charge Beam, Ice Beam seems like the better option to hit dragons and ground types. However, in defence of Thunderbolt, it guarantees the 2HKO on Azumarill whereas Charge Beam does not. Finally, Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse is good for hitting Ghost or Psychic types like Gengar or Gothitelle. The EV spread seems pretty standard overall, with 252+ Special Attack to increase power and 252 speed to outspeed as much as possible.

Now, onto the second set, it isn't too much different from the first. Psychic/Psyshock/Psycho Boost are used again, but you also have a physical option to go with. Power-Up-Punch is the main move that boosts your physical attack, and you can proceed to recover using Drain Punch afterwards. Calm Mind boosts the power of your chosen Psychic attack, although this can be substituted with another coverage move. As for the EVs, they could be redone to get maximum damage, although these seem quite efficient. With 306 speed, you outspeed a lot of 'mons, so you can do the job of sweeping a lot easier!

- Matt_192

Tobay

Youngster Joey
Credits
This is a pretty awesome Guide. I'm thinking about using it on my own.
But I got one last question:
There are notable Moves, but is there some kind of Move-Set you use in a special order or something like that, maybe one main attack ?

Sincerely,
Tobay

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
This is a pretty awesome Guide. I'm thinking about using it on my own.
But I got one last question:
There are notable Moves, but is there some kind of Move-Set you use in a special order or something like that, maybe one main attack ?

Sincerely,
Tobay
Um... this isn't supposed to be serious. Don't actually use this set.

Tobay

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hmm, okay ^^''

The Fifth Whisper

Youngster Joey
Credits
Wait so what is this

It's a thread made with the intent of showing off so-called "troll" strategies-- Deoxys-D generally does its job as a wall better than a Spex'ed attacker. That being said, all the sets listed have some merit, for all the reasons that Matt_192 listed in the original post.

Just a little something to get the mind bending in the morning, so to speak.

testing