• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active News Page

Would you be interested in seeing a news page?

• Yes please

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • No thanks

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
A News Page?:

This would be a page found on the sites navigation bar, every time something new is posted on this page the link to it turns red (example: News) and members can choose to be emailed when something new is posted here.

On this page would be single column dated posts my mods and admins on the site about new features, tournaments, tiers, rules, notable members, site requirements, events, holidays, staff held streams, ban Pokemon, and anything implemented on the site recently etc.

Every new month would clear all old news posts but all older news posts would be saved and able to be found again by selecting the month under the year it was posted in a drop box at the top of the page.

Example:

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

etc etc

Members would be able to like and comment on news posts with their opinions and disuse the things happening on the site. I believe that this would help keep members updated on new things going on
rather then trying to find forum posts on updates.

What are everyones thoughts on having a news page on the site? Would you find it useful at all? :)

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Love the idea honestly. There have been plenty of times when something has changed and I've been kind of clueless about it.

pplzdude

Just A Nice Guy
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
To be fair i was originally going to vote no as my answer seeing as almost nothing has changed to warrant a news column as of yet.
My mind changed when I saw that it would include other things that weren't changes to the site which definitely would warrant having a new column for.

Yungfaux

Hard at Work or Hardly Working
Staff member
Mod
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
I'm actually surprised this isn't implemented already. Its a good idea, I support it. A good way to spread info like events and whatnot. Could have editorials too :D

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
This seems like an amazing idea, as this encompasses so much stuff into a single (very handy) sub-forum :D Definitely surprised that this isn't already a thing as well :eek: