• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Closed NU Suspect Testing Round 1 - Cameruptite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
For the first PerfectPokemon Suspect Test, we will be suspect testing Cameruptite in NU. Although it is currently in RU, a separate NU ladder will be made with Mega Camerupt usable so you can test it in the tier itself. If you wish to play without Cameruptite, the standard ladder will be left set up, although it will not contribute to the testing itself. Keep in mind that this is our first time trying this out, so the format will stay similar to Smogon's.

To attain reqs to vote during this suspect test, you must reach 1000 COIL. The B value for this test is 20. For those curious, you can find out approximately how many matches you have to play to achieve reqs by inputting your GXE (shown on the ladder page & when you type /rank into the chat) into the following formula:

20/log2(40*GXE/1000)
(You'll probably want to use Google Calculator or WolframAlpha)

Your COIL rating will also be visible through /rank or checking on the ladder. The B value represents the lowest amount of battles you must do to submit.

All registered voters should comment down below with a screenshot of their rating. I will then establish you as a registered voter and you will be added to a list. You need a COIL of 1000 and the ladder will last two weeks until approximately May 12th at 11:59pm EST. Votes will take place shortly after that (you will need to post your thoughts on Mega Camerupt in this thread, given that you are a registered voter, and then state if you would like it in RU or NU. Feel free to use this thread to discuss all topics related to the suspect test, but please keep all discussion relevant!

Mega Camerupt is an exceptional Pokemon in the lower tiers, sporting 145 base Special Attack with Sheer Force to boost strong STAB moves like Fire Blast and Earth Power. However, it is severely crippled by just 20 base speed, meaning it is reliant on Speed Control. The main way of making it work is through Trick Room, although this is a less reliant strategy in Singles. Because of this, it is more of a bulky attacker, with decent 100/105 defences. However, 70 base HP means it can't withstand too many attacks. As a result, we have deemed NU a fair ground for Mega Camerupt, sporting multiple checks to it as well as providing an alternative mega option.

Last edited:

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
woohoo I was the first one to reach 1000 coil at 10 wins 7 losses! (won 5 strait!)

357m00k.png

should I post my thoughts now or wait for may 12th?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
woohoo I was the first one to reach 1000 coil at 10 wins 7 losses! (won 5 strait!)

357m00k.png

should I post my thoughts now or wait for may 12th?
Probably wait till May 12th IMO. This is just to register you as a voter.

If you want to continue on the ladder,you can do so. You hit 1000 so it doesn't matter :p

Also I guess I gotta get that #1 back eh? ;)

Zac1297

Top Dog
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
I have got a coil of 1,000. Showdown name is VibrantImp.
J8iH3Nu.png

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
The Suspect Test Battling phase is now over.

The registered voters are as follows:

Can these 5 people now PM a statement on why they think Cameruptite should/shouldn't be banned? Thank you. Results will be revealed when all votes are in.

EDIT: All votes are now in, and Mega Camerupt will be staying in RU with an 80% majority. All votes will be displayed down in this spoiler tag:

@Ary - Not Ban
@Dom - Ban
@ericashes - Ban
@Matt_192 - Ban
@Zac1297 - Ban

Thank you for your co-operation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.