• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

ORAS Battle Spot Doubles- Team Report

Senortangerino89

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Its been awhile since i've had a team that i was incredibly proud of, now that i've found it i feel compelled to share with all.

Machamp.gif

Machamp
item-lum berry ability- No guard
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 100 Def / 80 SDef

moves- Dynamic Punch
Ice punch
Rock Slide
Wide Guard
I started my team with Machamp, not only being one of my favorite fighting types, but i also felt with the prevalence of hard hitting spread moves that he would make an excellent semi-support mon. Dynamic Punch is just one of those super powerful stab moves that forces the confusion. Ice Punch is for the bulky flying types, while rock slide clean up mons like talonflame and charizard y, as well hitting other fire mons, which have become extremely prevalent this season. Wide Guard offers incredible support for the rest of the team which is clutch 9 out of 10 times.

zapdos.jpg

Zapdos
Item- Sitrus Berry
EVs- 252 HP/ 144 Spa/ 112 Spe
Moves - Tailwind
Thunder
Heat Wave
Protect

In a Meta dominated by speed control i felt it was important to have a tailwind uses. Zapdos was my man. Im still up in the air weather Thunder or Thunderbolt it the move i want, but for now I've been running Thunder, mostly to deal deal with annoying rain teams. Heat Wave is just a solid spread move to counter pokes such as Aegislash, Metagross. Zapdos as proven to be the MVP in most of my matchups.

gengar.png

Gengar
Item- Focus Sash
EVs- 252 HP/ 252 Spe/ 4 SPa
Moves- Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Icy Wind
Will-O-Wisp

Gengar is pretty standard in the current meta, Offering up great stab, and a healthy amount of support with moves like Will-O-Wisp against physical attackers, and Icy Wind for more speed control ( i cant begin to emphasize the importance of speed control) His main role is to cripple the opposing team as much as possible, before eventually being KO'd.
645-therian.svg

Landorus
Item- Choice Scarf
EVs- 252 ATK/ 252 SPe/ 4 HP
Moves- U-Turn
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Knock Off

Pretty cookie cutter set for Landurus-T, but i feel the meta is beginning to look really good for Lando again, Bisharp is slowly loosing popularity now that most teams are scrapping the intimidate user as a way to not give up the defiant boosts. The power of Lando is incredible, and the ability to U-turn and cripple a mostly physical meta with repetitive intimidates is great.

hydreigon.jpg

Hydreigon
Item- Choice Specs
Ability- Levitate
EVs- 252 SPa/ 152 HP/ 100 spe
Moves- Dark Pulse
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Earth Power

Hydreigon is mainly used for its incredible coverage. He also shines under tailwind support, being able to OHKO most pokes. His natural bulk also allows Hydregon to tank most hits, and strike back really hard.

pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-mega-metagross.jpg

Mega Metagross
EVs- 252 ATK/ 252 SPe

Moves- Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Protect

Metagross Is a super solid mega for the current Meta any one who watch the St.Louis regional can attest to that, and und tailwind he can be devastating, already being one of the faster megas in the format, he hits like a truck and with moves like Meteor Mash has a slight chance to set up. I've found he's great in most match ups (outside of sun teams), but with two of my three physical attackers carrying rockslide he can be good in those matchups as well. Ice punch takes out most grass, and ground users, and EQ is just all around good.

In conclusion, im very proud of this team so far, im sure theres a few holes i've missed and further testing should weed those out. As always any suggestions are welcome and will be considered. This is my first full article i've ever written so hopefully i've done my team justice.

Here a a few examples from some rated battles ive had, hope you enjoy.

f7uw-wwww-wwxe-7r2j

lhxw-wwww-wwxe-7rwb

Last edited: