• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

ORAS Megas Competitive Analysis Project

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Currently, I am in the process of starting to write analysis of the new megas prior to the release of ORAS, just to get a look before the introduction of the new metagame. However, you can probably understand that this will take quite a while, so I am enlisting the help of any good battlers on the site.

Here is a list of all the megas that we need to write for (in numerical order to the best of my memory). The names next to them are of the people writing the analysis of that particular 'mon, so do not try and take one that already has someone working on it!

Drop a comment down below on what you would like to take. Please use some common sense though - firstly, only take around 1-3 max, and don't pick a Pokemon that you think will be in a tier you have no clue about. I'm currently on holiday on a crappy phone, so I probably won't respond, but if the Poke you want hasn't been requested, take it. Send all drafts and final analysis to [email protected] and I can respond to you there.

Make sure that your analysis consists of:
- A brief summary
- At least 3 movesets, containing the set, usage and why you selected those EVs and moves.
- Other options. This can include items, abilities and moves
- Checks and Counters
- Final Comment and Proposed Tier

Hopefully, everything should go to plan, and I'll catch you guys later

Last edited:

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
@Dom I'm looking for people to make full competitive analysis - talk about them, give sets, other options, checks and counters etc. Think it says so in the post, lol.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
@Dom I'm looking for people to make full competitive analysis - talk about them, give sets, other options, checks and counters etc. Think it says so in the post, lol.

I worded that poorly, my bad

I meant do we need to make sets and talk about them or can we just make sets and give them to the person doing the analysis if we're lazy but interested in helping

My bad

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
@Dom Oh sure, that would be fine. As long as you get the right person lol

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Sorry guys! Send the stuff to [email protected]. My phone just broke, so I've been trying to get this message through for about 12 hours.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
I'll do whatever. I've already contributed a few sets, so might as well put the cherry on top.

I'll take Altaria, Audino, Beedrill, and I can help with Pidgeot and Lopunny if need be since I've already kind of thought them over a lot for my gym and what not.

@Jiggly gets Glalie no questions asked. :cool:

Last edited:

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I'll do whatever. I've already contributed a few sets, so might as well put the cherry on top.

I'll take Altaria, Audino, Beedrill, and I can help with Pidgeot and Lopunny if need be since I've already kind of thought them over a lot for my gym and what not.

@Jiggly gets Glalie no questions asked. :cool:
Hey thanks clutch, but @Gold 2.0 has already taken Altaria... Maybe you could collaborate?

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I want glalie, loppuny, and Metagross plz

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I want glalie, loppuny, and Metagross plz

And clutch asked for lopunny can you eve read bro xD

I'll take whatever is left if no one wants anything else in a week or a few days

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
And clutch asked for lopunny can you eve read bro xD

I'll take whatever is left if no one wants anything else in a week or a few days
He said he could, but he wasn't definite, plus he already has 3 megas. He also knows that I've been planning kewl sets, so I figured it would be fine :p

I totally missed Metagross tho xD

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
I said I could help with lopunny and audio since I've already kind of bred them for my gym XD. Anyway, Sableye is done. :D

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Dibsing Swampert, Camerupt and Sharpedo

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Pedophilia isn't funny, jerk.
i never said it was. that was literally stolen from some guy on smogon. if you really want ill get rid of it.

testing