• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active PBL Gambling?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
As many of you know we're hosting an official league tournament! The draft recently ended and I know everyone involved is hyped but I want to try to involve other users as well:

http://perfectpokemon.com/threads/official-pbl-perfect-battlers-league.14320/

There are 16 teams and each week for 15 weeks there will be 8 games then post season involves Semi Finals and Finals

Would anyone be interested in being able to bet on matches similar to a real sports league?

You'd place a PC bet and get a return at odds if you won, there would be some math, Just an idea I had last night, I want to see if anyone is intereted before I put it inot affect though so leave your thoughts below!

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I assume the odds would be based on the current W/L of the team, so would it start at 2/1 for all teams? At that point, I'm not sure how the math would work - we'd have to look into it.

Either way, good idea, I like it :)

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
Didnt @Matt_192 want to try a betting system on official tourneys at one point, id converse with him to see if any of the issues that stopped him from doing it can be fixed

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I assume the odds would be based on the current W/L of the team, so would it start at 2/1 for all teams? At that point, I'm not sure how the math would work - we'd have to look into it.

Either way, good idea, I like it :)

Something like that, zak and I discussed the math last night

Didnt @Matt_192 want to try a betting system on official tourneys at one point, id converse with him to see if any of the issues that stopped him from doing it can be fixed

I did then he did yeah, we understand the issues

The odds would probably be based on bets so if 5 bet on me for 100 and 1 bet on 192 for 100 then if I won each of the five gets 20 if 192 won he'd get 500 because the odds are 5:1 in my favor for example

Miles8088

Top Kek Champion
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Although the initial math could be potentially iffy this sounds like a great idea. Would people involved be able to bet on matches they aren't playing?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Although the initial math could be potentially iffy this sounds like a great idea. Would people involved be able to bet on matches they aren't playing?

I don't see why not, the math isn't too difficult see my above post for a light example

Jirachi4Life

Youngster Joey
Credits
It sounds pretty legit, it'd be good for people who aren't necessarily into competitive battling or people who want to join a tourney and want PC

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
*Insert GIF of Shia Labeouf*