• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

PBL2 Team/Set Dump Thread

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
With PBL2's drafting period almost over and games getting ready to begin, I thought that it'd be good to make a thread in which players can dump any teams/sets that they used during the PBL season along with reasoning for decisions within the teams, explanations of specific sets and such. Ideally people would post their team after every week, but really you should use this thread as you see fit and I strongly encourage regular contribution to this resource.

This will also encourage buddying up with people to practice the matchups on Pokémon Showdown! and see how the teams match up to the team of the person they are attempting to counterteam/counterstyle in practice rather than just relying on theory. If you're gonna show off a team you want it to be effective in practice, so make sure to do this rather than just theorymonning your way through PBL2!

Tagging all PBL2 participants to bring this thread to their attention:

@BlazingInfernape @Cheza @cj-97 @doulie @G @Gold 2.0 @kankuro236 @Martin @Matt_192 @MrMcgee1311 @MrSilver @notsoclutch @Sewage @Slashtalon21 @urban1ninja @WSawyer

Post sets and teams using the following set format:

Bulbasaur @ Eviolite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire

The IVs thing is only applicable if there are any modified IVs; simply omit it if you do not use it.

Good luck to everyone in PBL2!

MrSilver

Youngster Joey
Credits
Mostly on topic forgive me (on mobile on vacation with bad signal so hard to make a new post) but if anyone could help me team build for week 1 that would be swell. I'm up against G.

G

Youngster Joey
Will Not Fall
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
Mostly on topic forgive me (on mobile on vacation with bad signal so hard to make a new post) but if anyone could help me team build for week 1 that would be swell. I'm up against G.

I'll help you teambuild :)

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Week 1 against WSawyer

Volcanion @ Expert Belt
Ability: Water Absorb
Level: 50
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flame Charge

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mew @ Expert Belt
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Grass Knot
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Aqua Tail

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Atk / 68 Def
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 SpA
- Fire Fang
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 4 SpA / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
I built this team around trying to keep rocks up for Talonflame and Dragonite while also having enough bulky offensive threats to keep up pressure and prevent any Pokemon from getting more than 1 KO. I went a bit bulkier than planned because I was expecting sticky web and even initially had trick room on the team, but decided against it to keep aerodactyl a bit more consistent.

Volcanion with ice, fire and water coverage was poised to put a huge dent in my opponents team. It had coverage for everything and an expert belt to bluff a choice item (probably specs). Since I only really needed 3 attacks, I put flame charge on the set to potentially setup on forretress and get a sweep at +2. The 20 speed EVs were there to outspeed a rock polish rhyperior before an RP, but I wanted to maintain as much bulk as possible to be able to better take hits from mons like Dragonite, Talonflame, and Aggron.

Mew was built in a very similar fashion although with a lot more speed to be able to take on most non scarfed Pokemon on my opponent's team. The expert belt was for enough punch to knock out things like diggersby, aggron, etc much more easily than with leftovers.

Zapdos walled a large chunk of my opponent's Pokemon and could take certain hits in a tight spot. It even had a 40% chance to live an adamant stone edge from a kabutops in case that was brought. It's main function was to keep Dragonite and Talonflame in check and it did just that.

Mega Aerodactyl won the game as soon as Aggron and Forretress were weakened. It was huge reason that every single Pokemon on my team had a fire move. It's speed EVs were to outpace +1 Dragonite (once megaed) and with Sawyer's slower team it had a great chance to run away with the game.

Steelix was my rock setter plain and simple. It could take at least one hit from everything on my opponent's team and could help setup for a sweep. I wanted rocks up for my opponent and this was the best candidate with mew taking on an offensive role this week.

Tangrowth was built to take hits and dish out some rocky helmet chip. I really needed to get things like the aggron into range of so many of my mons and so any chip damage I could get was huge for me.

testing