• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active PC for Trading.

K

Krelbit

Edit: Tweaked the numbers a bit.

This may just be a radical, spur of the moment idea, but hear me out for a bit.

We could stand to implement a system in which successfully performed (and feedback logged) trades are rewarded with PC. I'm talking something small here, maybe 3 PC, with a rising amount every number of trades, say 1 extra PC for every 25 or 30 trades, with a possible cap of 5. Also included in this plan would be a weekly trade ceiling, possibly 7 trades a week (1 Daily), and even more limitations between two people.

This comes with a repercussion however, to balance the amount of PC given out. maybe something like reducing the thread creation PC to 1PC, and removing the PC given for commenting.

This way, we could
1) Bring more people into the trade markets. I know I stay away from the trade market as a genner only because there's really nothing in it for me.

2) Stop PC Spam, or at least, catch spammers more easily.

3) Finally use trade feedback for... Well, something.

4) Actually KEEP people coming back to the site (rather than having people come to the site, cap out at 20pc, buy something and ditch.)

Changes made with this suggestion

- Small amount of PC given for each trade made, with (possible numbers) 7 Trades a week at 3PC Each. Two members can only trade with each other (and receive PC for their trades) once every 3 days.

- Implementing of trade feedback to a more relevant use rather than being a fancy sticker. Every 25 or 30 trades, PC gained will increase by one (can happen two times.)

- Removal of PC given for commenting on threads.

- PC Given for starting threads 2 - 1

Again, just a spur of the moment idea, and I'm open to opinions on why this would (or wouldn't) work.

Last edited by a moderator:

noobdoo

Pokémon Champion
Credits
This actually sounds awesome!

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I feel like people would abuse this system for the PC.

It's not difficult to tell if someone is spamming for credits but it would be difficult to prove whether or not a trade was conducted or if feedback was just left for the PC.

Plus when it comes to trading there doesn't need to be an aware, your both receiving something you want. :)

testing