The Perfect Pokemon App on Android and iOS

Active Perfect Pokemon Competitive Mentoring V2.0!

Discussion in 'Competitive Battling' started by Matt_192, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Kitgurl66

Kitgurl66 Pokémon Trainer

Credit:
    ¤2,672
    0   0   0
    I want to ask how does someone start doing competitive battles? I have no experience at all, other than just battling with passerby people and not trying cause I don't seem to care whether I win or not. If there is also a mentor available to teach me some things, like breeding, and other game mechanics; that would help a lot. I'll be waiting to hear from someone.

Sewage likes this.
  2. notsoclutch

notsoclutch Rare Breed Staff Member Admin Let It Reign Battler Donor

I can certainly answer your question. Sadly, I'm pressed for time, so I can't give you a full mentoring session. The biggest thing you can do to get better is to just set a goal for yourself on Pokemon Showdown or on 3DS and hit that goal. Maybe start small and say that you want to win 3 games in a row, or maybe aim high and try for a certain ladder rating like 1600 on 3DS or 1300 on Showdown.

3. Kitgurl66

Kitgurl66 Pokémon Trainer

Credit:
    ¤2,672
    0   0   0
    I want to say thanks for answering, and I'll try to set a goal for myself on my 3DS cause I'm not sure how to use Pokémon Showdown, and I only use my 3DS anyways.

4. notsoclutch

notsoclutch Rare Breed Staff Member Admin Let It Reign Battler Donor

Ok. One other thing to look at would be to follow a Youtuber for a bit and just get a feel for the plays they make and the Pokemon they use. I recommend checking this guy out https://www.youtube.com/user/pokeaimMD . He's usually really good about explaining his plays and he is far and away the best battler that doesn't make me cringe XD

5. drew_haber

drew_haber Youngster Joey

Credit:
    ¤1
    0   0   0
    I'm new to the competitive side of pokemon. Been playing the game for as long as I can remember just never tried this and am curious as to how it all works.

6. Shaz

Shaz Youngster Joey

Credit:
    ¤1
    0   0   0
    I would like a mentor. I am not completely new to competitive battling. I feel like I am getting a bit of hang of it. I would like to go under a mentor so I could completely master Pokemon set building. Also learn to make more teams with different variants in mind. Right now my mind only thinks one way in terms of team building. I wanna learn more as I go.

7. Sticks

Sticks Youngster Joey

Credit:
    ¤10
    0   0   0
    Alola! I need help building a team as i am new to competitive pokemon. Actually i dont know anything at all ><

8. Kazuma

Kazuma Youngster Joey

Credit:
    ¤5
    0   0   0
    So the last time I battled competitively was back when they had the Pokemon Mall tour around when Pokemon Red and Blue came out. One thing I would like to do is create a team with Charizard as it's anchor if that is even possible. I know that Stealth Rock was an issue with as an idea for a team. I would love to get some help or direction on how to build my team.

Thanks in advance!