• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

POKEMON CHAMPIONS OF THE FUTURE

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
This is a special organization that discusses ideas about how to help improve Team Nova members with their battling skills in tournaments and Team Wars so that they can be the FUTURE CHAMPIONS OF TOMORROW. We will also discuss ideas for a training program to help practice to be ready for these events. Some other things include but are not limited too:
  1. Sparing Options with other members for practice
  2. Analyzing teams to improve their all-over power against all kinds of teams
  3. Training with new members to help them for Weekend Tournaments and the like
  4. Team Building options for members to help prepare them
If you want to improve/change/ add to this list please post below.
ANYONE HAS IS A NOVA MEMBER CAN JOIN ASAP. JUST POST BELOW YOU WANT TO JOIN.

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I believe that we should start discussing ideas for when ORAS comes out Friday. We need discuss what we can do to be prepared with this new start.:D Any one is allowed to start this.

epicmove45

Youngster Joey
Credits
ok cool whats every ones ideas of a mixed mega sceptile i tried fully physical one but i felt like it was a waste of such a big sp.atk stat so i tired a set with leaf storm, outrage ,drain punch and EQ witch worked out a little better i mean don't get me wrong it was power i got to 1400 on the showdown ladder with it,but i feel like its still missing something any ideas?

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I was having the same problem. It has better Special Attack but, it has more physical moves. Here is what I was thinking:
Sceptile @ Mega Stone with Unburden 252Spa 252Spe 4Hp
Giga Drain
Leaf Storm
Dragon pulse/Draco Meter?
Focus Blast

Would this work? If not I was going to try the same set with a White Herb.

epicmove45

Youngster Joey
Credits
I was having the same problem. It has better Special Attack but, it has more physical moves. Here is what I was thinking:
Sceptile @ Mega Stone with Unburden 252Spa 252Spe 4Hp
Giga Drain
Leaf Storm
Dragon pulse/Draco Meter?
Focus Blast

Would this work? If not I was going to try the same set with a White Herb.
umm ya sp.atking is cool here is what i was thinking if i wanted to run sp.atking

Sceptile-Mega
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
umm ya sp.atking is cool here is what i was thinking if i wanted to run sp.atking

Sceptile-Mega
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
That seems pretty good. What do you think would be good for Swampert?
Swampert Mega 252Atk 252spe 4hp Jolly
Earthquake
Waterfall
Ice Punch
Super Power/ Outrage

epicmove45

Youngster Joey
Credits
That seems pretty good. What do you think would be good for Swampert?
Swampert Mega 252Atk 252spe 4hp Jolly
Earthquake
Waterfall
Ice Punch
Super Power/ Outrage
ya i like swampert and your set seems good to me i would run super power over outrage the only thing that i don't like is mega swampert seems to be only good on rain teams because of its ability

TheNexGen

Pokémon Champion
Credits
ya i like swampert and your set seems good to me i would run super power over outrage the only thing that i don't like is mega swampert seems to be only good on rain teams because of its ability
well that wont be soo bad for me since i usually run a rain team

epicmove45

Youngster Joey
Credits
well that wont be soo bad for me since i usually run a rain team
if that is what your into man i just don't like using weather as a main part of my team i mean i will have weather on my team some times but to use a pokemon so dependent on weather as swampert but idk maybe i will run it some time

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I think that It could be well used with "Mega" Kyogre and its cause rain ability. If these two came out in a Double team together it would be fierce! Swampert would have about 150% Speed stat!

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I think that It could be well used with "Mega" Kyogre and its cause rain ability. If these two came out in a Double team together it would be fierce! Swampert would have about 150% Speed stat!
Sorry, I'm not Nova, but....

Since it's Primal Kyogre, you're only going to be able to use that in Ubers Doubles, a metagame that really isn't often played. The pairing is nice, but you're better off using a standard Politoed. That way, it's Doubles/VGC legal too :)

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Last edited:

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
New Question what are your new favorite megas? Which ones do you think would be most useful in competitive battling? Please post some idea movesets you think would be good so we can either help improve it to be the best it can be or so that other members could possibly use this.

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
New Question what are your new favorite megas? Which ones do you think would be most useful in competitive battling? Please post some idea movesets you think would be good so we can either help improve it to be the best it can be or so that other members could possibly use this.
Mega Question
Has anyone used Mega Lopunny? I just Battled one and it seemed like it had Promise. i wanted to see different thoughts about it. I was thinking about this set:
Mega Lopunny Normal/Fighting
Ability: Scappy
Jolly Nature 252Attack 252Speed 6Hp
High Jump Kick
Ice Punch
Bounce
Return

epicmove45

Youngster Joey
Credits
Mega Question
Has anyone used Mega Lopunny? I just Battled one and it seemed like it had Promise. i wanted to see different thoughts about it. I was thinking about this set:
High Jump Kick
Ice Punch
Bounce
Return
i think mega lopunny is a great mega with how fast it is but i have never seen someone use bounce on it before bounce would be a great coverage move

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Mega Question
High Jump Kick
Ice Punch
Bounce
Return
Get rid of Bounce IMO, it's not particularly good. You spend a turn charging, allowing them to make a good to switch to get momentum up or set up, and for pretty lackluster power. The rest of the set is pretty good though.

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Mega Question
High Jump Kick
Ice Punch
Bounce
Return
High Jump Kick
Ice Punch