• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Pokemon Coordinators - UNITE!

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits

What's a Pokemon Coordinator?
A Pokemon Coordinator is basically a Pokemon trainer who focuses on improving the quality of their Pokemon to compete in Contests.

Move sets and Natures do not necessarily have a battling value, but help the Pokemon perform well in the Appeal section of the Contest.

I'll post a list of resources for a quick and dirty guide on Contests in general. Much of it is still in the works, but the core mechanics should still be very similar in ORAS as it was in Gen3 with several additions, of course.

General Info about Contests
Choosing your Natures
Choosing your move sets (Egg Moves are helpful)
Pokeblock Overview
The Berry Dex (Gen4)

Last edited:

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
http://puu.sh/cj2p4/9a72882974.png

Below are starter builds for some of the Contest pokes I'm going to prep once ORAS is released.
The natures and moves I chose capitalize on the Contest Condition (Cute, Beauty, Clever, Tough, Cool) I'm setting my poke in.

We are still missing a lot of data on any moves released after Gen 3 & 4, but until then this is what I have for now.

9a72882974.png

Last edited:

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
has it been confirmed that contests will be wifi usable?

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
has it been confirmed that contests will be wifi usable?
Not just yet, I'm crossing everything I have though that there'll be a Wi-Fi feature for the Contests.

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
As you may all already know i am the most fabulous person you will ever see or hear of. So i will be winning every contest ever because i am too Fab too handle. That is all.

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I never really got into contests, but these are shaping up to be pretty great :D Oml, I can't wait for this game - and I have to wait an extra week on top of you guys :/

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
I think I remember reading when you maximize the appeal meter on your turn, if your Pokemon is capable of mega evolution it will evolve for additional appeal points.

The details as to how are not yet fully known.

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Well its be a while since I entered a pokemon contest but, I will still Become Pokemon Master and a Master Coordinator. Good luck everyone.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
I think it would be rather cool if they were to include a grand festival akin to the anime that you can compete in that will become available for one of these:
  • Get a ribbon from every town that hosts contests
  • Obtain a collective 5 ribbons
Anyway I might actually get into contests this time around, and if they have wifi I would go all competitive and get nice builds for contest 'mons.