• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

[POLL] Sweepstakes

What's your opinion on sweepstakes?

• Total voters

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Currently on the site, we have Rock, Paper, Scissors for casual betting, but I propose something different alltogether: betting on the tournaments. Every week, before the tournament, people will place bets on the person they hope to win, paying their PC in advance. The amount you get back will be determined by pre-defined odds for everyone in the tournament, i.e. Gold 2.0 - 4/1.

The hardest part of this idea would be to track the bets, but with someone in charge (I volunteer for this task) I believe that this could work.

Thoughts, everyone?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I already suggested betting a while back, I like the idea but it never became anything, it could work

The only thing is the odds and payouts could get a bit complicated

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Currently on the site, we have Rock, Paper, Scissors for casual betting, but I propose something different alltogether: betting on the tournaments. Every week, before the tournament, people will place bets on the person they hope to win, paying their PC in advance. The amount you get back will be determined by pre-defined odds for everyone in the tournament, i.e. Gold 2.0 - 4/1.

The hardest part of this idea would be to track the bets, but with someone in charge (I volunteer for this task) I believe that this could work.

Thoughts, everyone?
like the idea matt. its like a horse race lmfao. :D

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I like the idea, but something tells me it would get out of hands, and would cause issues. It sounds great, and if it happens I would participate, but for some reason, I get a bad vibe from this idea...

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
The idea sounds cool. There would have to be a set lowest and highest bid and the pot would be divided by the amount of winning bidders.

However I feel everyone would just end up voting for the same bunch of people or past tournament winners. Like everyone will just start voting for doulie the great and come out with the same or a little more PC than they bidded.

However if doulie is OK with trying out the idea to see if it would work or not I wouldn't mind running the thread and a bidding bank for the bids. A new post would go up on the thread when bidding would start.

Meaning that the rounds and participants would have to already be made and in progress and linked on that post.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
The idea sounds cool. There would have to be a set lowest and highest bid and the pot would be divided by the amount of winning bidders.

However I feel everyone would just end up voting for the same bunch of people or past tournament winners. Like everyone will just start voting for doulie the great and come out with the same or a little more PC than they bidded.

However if doulie is OK with trying out the idea to see if it would work or not I wouldn't mind running the thread and a bidding bank for the bids. A new post would go up on the thread when bidding would start.

Meaning that the rounds and participants would have to already be made and in progress and linked on that post.
We could try putting a cap on votes for particular people, or say that they can't vote for the same person twice in a row :) I wouldn't mind helping with this either.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

Doulie was ok when I pitched the idea, I just don't understand what the bank would be for if payouts were equal to bets at odds I don't get where the extra money comes from
We could try putting a cap on votes for particular people, or say that they can't vote for the same person twice in a row :) I wouldn't mind helping with this either.

Capping votes for one of two contestants would really skew voting IMO wouldn't allow for an accurate representation I don't think

I don't think one sided bets are an issue since odds and payouts favor the contestant with less votes , it should equal out to an extent

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Doulie was ok when I pitched the idea, I just don't understand what the bank would be for if payouts were equal to bets at odds I don't get where the extra money comes from

Capping votes for one of two contestants would really skew voting IMO wouldn't allow for an accurate representation I don't think

I don't think one sided bets are an issue since odds and payouts favor the contestant with less votes , it should equal out to an extent
I agree with this. Plus I know I can't be the only one who loves an underdog.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits

True - now it just remains the question of who wants to control the sweepstakes. Me and Cheza have our names down atm, but more may come.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
True - now it just remains the question of who wants to control the sweepstakes. Me and Cheza have our names down atm, but more may come.
Since my responsibility is limited on this site currently, I'd like to help. I'm pretty active and would like to help out if I can.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
I'd happily help out if it just means moderating the payouts and all that shit.

Lotad Is Beast

Youngster Joey
Credits

Thoughts, everyone?
its a great idea but would be very hard to control/get going

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
its a great idea but would be very hard to control/get going
We've already got a few people who have expressed interests, and I also have a base idea of ways to input bets, process them, etc.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
What? I was thinking a small bank to hold all the bet money to make it easier to count things up and divide it.

What extra money are you talking about, you confuse me Dom!

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
What? I was thinking a small bank to hold all the bet money to make it easier to count things up and divide it.

What extra money are you talking about, you confuse me Dom!
Same xD This was my original intention.

testing