• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Open Rate My Team Thread

BadPandaPancham

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Also SR + Whirlwind deals damage, scatters teams, and breaks sashes so I am fine with no attacking moves.

Giovanni

Honorable
Credits
If you say so sir. I am not in OU. I am in VGC, but I barely play PS. If anything, it is on the Nugget Bridge server.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Well... Not perfect, but very good. Their is no perfect team... It's all about the trainer's skill.

Giovanni

Honorable
Credits
I guess so because no main attacking moves on Skarmony makes it too vulnerable to attacks and those clutch situations.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I would rid of the whirlwind on the skarm, and give it brave bird.

~Digital_Convoy~

Pokémon Champion
Credits
So for my Doubles Team, I'm running
Choice Banded Adamant Galewings Talonflame with U-Turn, Roost, Flare Blitz, and Brave Bird
Jolly Rough Skin (Mega) Garchomp with Swords Dance, EQ, Dragon Claw, and Protect
Timid Sheer Force Black Sludge Nidoking with Ice beam, Earth Power, Sludge Bomb, and Fire Blast
Calm Prankster Leftovers Sableye with Will-O-Wisp, Foul Play, Taunt, and Recover
Timid Protean Life Orb Greninja with Ice Beam, Scald, Dark Pulse, and U-Turn
And Modest Trace (Mega) Gardevoir with Calm Mind, Heal Pulse, Psychic, and Dazzling Gleam.
Talofnfla,me is a Physical sweeper, Garchomp is a Physical sweeper, Nidoking is a Special Sweeper, Sableye is a special Wall, Gardevoir is a mixed wall(mostly special), and Greninja is a special sweeper

Giovanni

Honorable
Credits
Switch fire blast for flamethrower . More accuracy, but less power is the trade-off. It does prevent some hax on your side. Sableeye gets recover, that is cool, but I think confuse ray would be better on it. Get rid of ice beam on nidoking and put protect on it to avoid super effective damage while it is on the field with Garchomp. If you are giving Talonflame a choice band then get rid of roost. You don't want to waste a turn switching out into a different pokemon. You don't have many options with switching the move, so I recommend switching the choice band for a sharp beak, so you can keep roost.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I disagree with dead souls about fireblast, I think you should keep it because it has 85% accuracy, which is much greater than its brethren (hydro pump, gunk shot, Thunder, etc.). But I do think getting rid of the band on talon flame is wise. Also, for doubles, talon should have tailwind instead of U-turn, to give your team the speed boost it needs (especially the mega garchomp).

Erodish

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
My team:
Manectric@Manecite/Timid/intimidate 6 IVs
Moves:Thunder,hidden power ice, flamethrower and voltswitch

used as a special sweeper
-----------------

Slurpuff@Sitrus Berry/naughty/Unburden 6 IVs
Move set: Belly drum, Return, play Rough,flamethrower

used as a physical sweeper
------------

Smeargle@focus sash/Jolly/Own tempo 6 IVs
Move set: Spore, Sticky web, Spikes, U-Turn

Used as an lead/harass when switching for spore

--------
Cloyster@kings rock/Adamant/Skill link 5 IVs (missing SP attack)
Move set: Ice Shard, Icicle spear, Rock blast, shell smash

Physical sweeper
----------

Rotom-Wash@leftovers/Timid/Levitate 5IVs(missing attack)
Move set:Hydro Pump, Volt switch, Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray

Stall/special harraser
---------

Ditto@Choice scarf/Timid/Imposter 6 IVs

Usually to copy a mega or somone with set ups.

~Digital_Convoy~

Pokémon Champion
Credits
If Slurpuff is supposed to be a physical sweeper, why are you running flamethrower?
And also, I wouldn't run W.O.W and Confuse ray on rotom. If it were a para-fuse combo it'd be different.

~Digital_Convoy~

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Switch u turn for tailwind. Your team could use the speed, but don't put choice band on talonflame. It seems good but you don't have options

suigetsu2951

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
choice band Tflame is only for finishing off the team or being a general nuiscance (gastrodon is 4x weak to grass and t flame is 4x resistant to grass), fly is on there because of last minute focus sashed opponents and because if worse comes to worse, id rather BB a poke than suicide tailwind (team doesnt need speed, its all speed and priority)
Switch u turn for tailwind. Your team could use the speed, but don't put choice band on talonflame. It seems good but you don't have options

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I would rid of ice shard on the cloyster, and replace it with rapid spin, for when you are in times of need...

yangt06

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
My team:
Manectric@Manecite/Timid/intimidate 6 IVs
Moves:Thunder,hidden power ice, flamethrower and voltswitch

used as a special sweeper
-----------------

Slurpuff@Sitrus Berry/naughty/Unburden 6 IVs
Move set: Belly drum, Return, play Rough,flamethrower

used as a physical sweeper
------------

Smeargle@focus sash/Jolly/Own tempo 6 IVs
Move set: Spore, Sticky web, Spikes, U-Turn

Used as an lead/harass when switching for spore

--------
Cloyster@kings rock/Adamant/Skill link 5 IVs (missing SP attack)
Move set: Ice Shard, Icicle spear, Rock blast, shell smash

Physical sweeper
----------

Rotom-Wash@leftovers/Timid/Levitate 5IVs(missing attack)
Move set:Hydro Pump, Volt switch, Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray

Stall/special harraser
---------

Ditto@Choice scarf/Timid/Imposter 6 IVs

Usually to copy a mega or somone with set ups.
U want to sell ur manectric if u still have it?

MrBR

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Don't make a team with too many glass cannons or stall teams will eat you alive

Havoc230

Youngster Joey
Credits
I'm new and I've never battled competatively but I'm pretty old school and I've been addicted to crystal for quite some time (look up liquid crystal for those not familiar with the hack) but I believe the perfect gen 2 team is gengar, poliwrath, jynx, ampharos, gligar, and tyranitaur, tell me what you think