• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Recent Mega Images and Primal Form News!

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
So today, a whole load of new scans showed us the new Primal Moves and Abilities, as well as more images about the recently revealed Megas: Camerupt, Gallade and Sharpedo.

To start, Mega Groudon is said to get the ability 'Desolate Land.' This starts up what is said to be a 'harsh sunlight,' and prevents water attacks from having an effect! This now nulifies Mega Groudon's 4x weakness to Water attacks too. Mega Kyogre has a similar deal, getting the ability 'Primordial Sea.' This also prevents fire type moves from having any effect, and is said to cause 'heavy rainfall.'

These two new abilities also prevent changes in the weather, which sounds pretty OP, but this effect is nulified when Mega Kyogre/Groudon switches out or is KO'ed. They also both get new attacks, detailed below:
  • Precipice Blades - Primal Groudon's new move, and hits both targets.
  • Origin Pulse - Primal Kyogre's new move, similar to Precipice Blades in that it hits both targets.
A final quick thing to add would be that the team leaders, Maxie and Archie, use Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo respectively.

That's really it, so I'll leave you with some images :p
- @Matt_192

24.jpg

4.jpg

10.jpg

18.jpg

27.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

32.jpg

51.jpg

39.jpg

53.jpg

56.jpg

62.jpg

68.jpg

42.jpg

46.jpg

40.jpg

44.jpg

54.jpg

58.jpg

adishu

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
primal groudon's abilityis too strong nullifying a 4x weakness plus weather lock you can't beat that plus kyogre does neutralize fire attacks but what water type really fears fire attacks i suppose kyogre fire neutralisation can only be handy to abomasnow lol

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
primal groudon's abilityis too strong nullifying a 4x weakness plus weather lock you can't beat that plus kyogre does neutralize fire attacks but what water type really fears fire attacks i suppose kyogre fire neutralisation can only be handy to abomasnow lol
I think what will be interesting is that weather wars between the primals will come down to whoever is faster, as the faster one will get the unchangeable weather up first.

Lotad Is Beast

Youngster Joey
Credits
I think what will be interesting is that weather wars between the primals will come down to whoever is faster, as the faster one will get the unchangeable weather up first.
matt what i think the slowest one will get there weather up as i know its strong sun/rain but surely thesecond one will get rid of the first one as they are both strong. do you get me? tbh i dont

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
matt what i think the slowest one will get there weather up as i know its strong sun/rain but surely thesecond one will get rid of the first one as they are both strong. do you get me? tbh i dont
No lol, it says that the weather cannot be changed.

Mawile6222

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Thats like overpowered insane!!!! But then again, fire never affected water much anyways.

adishu

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
exactly my point why do that plus they could have added an additional mechanic that during strong sunlight ice type moves turn into water type since the ice melts balancing lack of water type moves

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Primal Groudon and Kyogre are going to be absolutely amazing. I hope that they DO make Primal Rayquaza and give it an ability that can knock out their weather and nullify their immunities. That'd be pretty sweet - especially in uber doubles where you could bring in Primal Rayquaza and hit Primal Groudon up with a 4x SE attack from your Palkia (albeit one that isn't Rain-boosted, but still, it should KO unless it gets an insane boost to its SpD stat).

testing