• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Referer system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I strongly recomend the creation of a referer system in the perfectpokemon website! there are people here that can create some traffic in the website, the point is that there is no bonus or any kind of awards for inviting new members! we cant even promote our shop! the only thing we can do is promote the website itself but thats not neceserally benefits us!

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
This was already suggested a little while ago and it doesn't look like it will be happening.

There are already problems with people making multiple accounts for pc. Something like a referral system could and most likely cause more issues with people creating fake accounts for referral prizes.

There is some form of a referral system on team Nova atm though, but I think that is the closest the site will get to having one. :)

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
I strongly recomend the creation of a referer system in the perfectpokemon website! there are people here that can create some traffic in the website, the point is that there is no bonus or any kind of awards for inviting new members! we cant even promote our shop! the only thing we can do is promote the website itself but thats not neceserally benefits us!
I know we've thought about this before but we've already had problems with people creating multiple accounts and transferring the pc to a single account (which we have since made a 0 tolerance policy for). I'm not sure where doulie stands on it today, but do you have any recommendations on rewards for the referal system? Maybe anything other than pc to start with? Would titles or banners be a good incentive?

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
well the prizes can be many things rather than pc! free stickers for our posts and shop can be a good idea
another good idea is PCs but only when and if your people BUY credits! like a small (very small) percentage of there investement! that way you secure that people who creating clone accounts cant make any profit at all!

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
well the prizes can be many things rather than pc! free stickers for our posts and shop can be a good idea
another good idea is PCs but only when and if your people BUY credits! like a small (very small) percentage of there investement! that way you secure that people who creating clone accounts cant make any profit at all!
The idea to reward PC for referals after the referred user buys PC is actually a decent idea. @doulie

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
The idea to reward PC for referals after the referred user buys PC is actually a decent idea. @doulie
With a referer system the members number in PP will skyrocket! and there are many more interesting ideas on how to reward referers! the only real question is if doulie is willing to do something for that!

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits

Small prices like different titles and maybe trophy points could be a thing but fake accounts would still be an issue, maybe less so though if pc wasn't involved to much. Maybe a nice Referrer badge (first badge listed within the gym badges) could be a thing.

In my experience with referrals there would be a system were when you are signing up to the site there would be a referrals box. You type in the username of the person who referred you (if someone did) and continue with the regular signing up procedure.

The new persons username would be put into the collection of "my referrals" to the person who was typed into the referrals box. (basically the referrer could to into a place called "my referrals" and view all the people who signed up and mentioned them when they did). In this section of the site you could also view referral prizes.

For every set amount of people there would be prizes to the referrer. Like every 10/20/50 there would be a prize. First prize could be refer 5 people and get the badge, next few prizes at every 10 people, next few prizes after that is every 20 people, and so on and so on.

I would love to see referrals become a thing on the site it's just complicated in how this would work without getting a bunch of fake accounts for monies. :)

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Small prices like different titles and maybe trophy points could be a thing but fake accounts would still be an issue, maybe less so though if pc wasn't involved to much. Maybe a nice Referrer badge (first badge listed within the gym badges) could be a thing.

In my experience with referrals there would be a system were when you are signing up to the site there would be a referrals box. You type in the username of the person who referred you (if someone did) and continue with the regular signing up procedure.

The new persons username would be put into the collection of "my referrals" to the person who was typed into the referrals box. (basically the referrer could to into a place called "my referrals" and view all the people who signed up and mentioned them when they did). In this section of the site you could also view referral prizes.

For every set amount of people there would be prizes to the referrer. Like every 10/20/50 there would be a prize. First prize could be refer 5 people and get the badge, next few prizes at every 10 people, next few prizes after that is every 20 people, and so on and so on.

I would love to see referrals become a thing on the site it's just complicated in how this would work without getting a bunch of fake accounts for monies. :)
I think the best way is to reward some pc every time one of your referals invest money to buy credits or even when they withdraw by selling pc for money!
It can also be a percentage from their money so admin doesnt pay anything at all but in that case EVERYONE must be a referal and for those who register without a referer admin must be their referer, so a referer market can be created where people can buy referals from other users!
So in the beggining admin (doulie) will be our referal and he can start selling us to each other! i think its a great way for doulie and us to raise our income!

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits

With what he suggested about only awarding a pc award for referals when the person who was referred purchased pc could easily work using the process you described via sign up above AND eliminate the desire to make multiple accounts for PC.

For example, if I referred you to the site, Cheza, it would still count as a referral and I would progress towards earning whatever non-PC rewards we might have. THEN, as soon as you purchased PC via PayPal, I would earn like 50pc or something. This would keep people from making more accounts because 50pc is not worth making an account AND buying PC via PayPal. Coming from a web dev job I know this would be a simple task to do.

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
With what he suggested about only awarding a pc award for referals when the person who was referred purchased pc could easily work using the process you described via sign up above AND eliminate the desire to make multiple accounts for PC.

For example, if I referred you to the site, Cheza, it would still count as a referral and I would progress towards earning whatever non-PC rewards we might have. THEN, as soon as you purchased PC via PayPal, I would earn like 50pc or something. This would keep people from making more accounts because 50pc is not worth making an account AND buying PC via PayPal. Coming from a web dev job I know this would be a simple task to do.
It can aslo work for when referals sell credit for real cash! in that case famous shop owners in PP can be great referals to buy! and if doulie doesnt want to pay any more farther money when someone withdraw cash then the reward can come from directly referals money! so everyone of us loses like 5-10% everytime he/she invests or withdraw money!

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits

This could be great then and encourage more people to join some of the site recruitment's. Also it will hopefully bring in a lot more buyers because as some have mentioned before there are a lot of sellers but not enough people buying. :p

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
So a mod and a staff member think that its a good idea! hopefully doulie will like it too! it will skyrocket trafic in the website for sure!

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Whatever attracts more people to the site. I'm all thumbs up for it.

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
yea i know but there are many posts and pms i send him but he never bother himself to answer me! i am really trying to help the website to grow cause i really love it but,....... anyway i still have faith in doulie so ill wait:)

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
yea i know but there are many posts and pms i send him but he never bother himself to answer me! i am really trying to help the website to grow cause i really love it but,....... anyway i still have faith in doulie so ill wait:)
You might sent him a few messages and it could take him 2 minutes to answer you, but when he has 50 plus of those messages coming in daily he has to make time to sit down and answer them all.

He's not trying to be mean or ignore you but he can't just answer one person and leave the rest out, that would defiantly make others feel left out of like they were being ignored.

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
i know i am not saying he is ignoring me! i really hope that he will consider the affiliate system thats all! hopefully it will not take him 4-5 months to make it :)

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
its been more than 15 days till i recommend somekind of refering system, since then the website is stable (not many new members) and the sales are getting worse day by day! no more than 6k credits are getting spent every day and there are days where costumers dont even spent a thousand!!! according the present situation i dont think the website will grow bigger any time soon! for the last time i will say that any kind of reffering system will skyrocket the PP website and way more money will rotate around!!! @doulie Please think about the possibilities if more people try to create traffic!!!!

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I like the idea of the Referrer badge, as fake accounts wouldn't be getting 'free PC,' so to speak. Also, it would give people more of a reason to go and advertise the site if there is some kind of reward. Perhaps if 5 people can refer that person they can get the badge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

testing