• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Closed RPGs Survey - Help me out

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Hey :]

Now that I'm on Summer break, I'm now trying to get around to a goal I have of producing my first game. As you can probably tell from the title, I'm looking to make an RPG but I'd like to mix elements from JRPGs and WRPGs. To help with that, I'd love to hear your ideas and thoughts on RPGs in general to go into making the final game :).

I currently have a small team to work on the programming and music, and we're looking to pick up some artists and world designers, but right now we're trying to work out what kind of things we'll need to develop and how we'll probably go about it.

I've started a small survey (you don't have to do it, even if you just comment some ideas down below I'd be extremely grateful :)) that shouldn't take too long with a few multiple choice questions and various other short-answer questions to try and get a better idea of what people look for in RPGs, and if you could do it you'd be helping me out a tonne <3

Thanks guys :)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DbujJhwL_RYie0fOwckjnrbxXmbzyk0WdJowwkHaHbw/viewform

EDIT: Thanks to everyone for completing the survey! I've now closed it but if you have any more comments, feel free to drop them in the comments :)

Last edited:

Agent Antz

Secret Agent Man
Credits

Now that I'm on Summer break, I'm now trying to get around to a goal I have of producing my first game. As you can probably tell from the title, I'm looking to make an RPG but I'd like to mix elements from JRPGs and WRPGs. To help with that, I'd love to hear your ideas and thoughts on RPGs in general to go into making the final game :).

I currently have a small team to work on the programming and music, and we're looking to pick up some artists and world designers, but right now we're trying to work out what kind of things we'll need to develop and how we'll probably go about it.

I've started a small survey (you don't have to do it, even if you just comment some ideas down below I'd be extremely grateful :)) that shouldn't take too long with a few multiple choice questions and various other short-answer questions to try and get a better idea of what people look for in RPGs, and if you could do it you'd be helping me out a tonne <3

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DbujJhwL_RYie0fOwckjnrbxXmbzyk0WdJowwkHaHbw/viewform
Done...

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
I hope I was helpful. My responses are nice and detailed so make the most of them :)

SoIidSmok3

Naughty
Credits
Look up xenogears on ps1. My fave rpg of all time and would provide some good inspiration for battle system, storyline, music, characters, etc. It was originally gona be final fantasy 7, but xenogears was thot to be too gritty for a ff game.

Look up xenogears on ps1. My fave rpg of all time and would provide some good inspiration for battle system, storyline, music, characters, etc. It was originally gona be final fantasy 7, but xenogears was thot to be too gritty for a ff game.

Honestly most rpgs from the ps1 era are perfect examples of what an rpg should be. When it comes to any questions about this lmk @Matt_192. Ive played more rpgs than almost anybody and i can prove it lol. For starters i still own an original playstarion and 2 cd cases full of games and 95% of em are rpgs. Same with every NES console before the wii. I refuse to not 100% games like that so i can give ideas on quests, items, equipment, etc.

PS i thot i was editting my last post. Nvm the double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits

Honestly most rpgs from the ps1 era are perfect examples of what an rpg should be. When it comes to any questions about this lmk @Matt_192. Ive played more rpgs than almost anybody and i can prove it lol. For starters i still own an original playstarion and 2 cd cases full of games and 95% of em are rpgs. Same with every NES console before the wii. I refuse to not 100% games like that so i can give ideas on quests, items, equipment, etc.

PS i thot i was editting my last post. Nvm the double post.
Dw, I just merged the posts :]

But yeah, thanks for this Solid :Thumbsup: I never played Xenogears but I'll look into it. Dyu mind if I PM you on occasion about things we're thinkng of adding? :p

SoIidSmok3

Naughty
Credits
Dw, I just merged the posts :]

But yeah, thanks for this Solid :Thumbsup: I never played Xenogears but I'll look into it. Dyu mind if I PM you on occasion about things we're thinkng of adding? :p
Absolutely. Id be glad if u did, this is sorta my specialty, and always wanted to part take in this kinda thing.

QuicksilverFoxx

Youngster Joey
Credits

I've filled in the form - good luck with this, it sounds like a very exciting project!

testing