• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active -'s [Possibly Permanent] Hiatus

K

Krelbit

Hello! - here. Some of you may know me as -, and probably, that's most of you.

I started frequenting this site in September of 2014, and watching it grow has certainly become an experience. I've had a lot of good times with Pokemon, but that's come with a price as well.
I'm a casual player. Tried battling, never worked out for me. Didn't like it.
So, I started selling pokemon. It went well. Really well. I'm proud to say that i've been the first choice for over 200 new members, and have had over 600 transactions with other members of this fine site.

The dark side of this being that I've lost almost all the magic of pokemon. I see them as nothing more than profit boats now. It's depressing and I kind of hate that something I love could be turned into a money making
machine.
But, I'm a profit driven miserable greedy meatsack, what more can I do than keep on selling?

Except I can't anymore, lol. Me and a lot of other sellers are being chokeheld by new undercutters. @Chaos's profits are dwindling, and he was the one everyone looked up to as a seller, which is disconcerting to most, if not all of us sellers looking to actually make our time worth something. New stores scrape the minimum price barrel because it's all they can do to compete, which is reasonable, but still utter bullshit. Of course, it's not the only reason I'm quitting, but it does play a major role in all of this, not gonna sugar coat it.

I've seen a lot of my friends come and go from this site. Probably too many, really. While I do get to see them in the shoutbox once every blue moon, it's just not worth waiting around for these special people. I really do appreciate my current friends on the site. @ericashes, @GiaQuando and @cj-97 are amazing friends, but they both know they can't replace some of the people who have left. These people helped and were helped by me and really made my experience in coming to the site so much better. Now that they've become less active or disappeared entirely, it's harder to keep coming back.

I've been dabbling in economics for the past few months and I find it absolutely fascinating. Now about a month ago I learned about the Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility. It states that too much of a good thing will eventually lead to giving me negative utility (or happiness) and I can see that starting to take root here. I'm just not as happy on this site as I used to be.

I've also learned that if my costs outweigh my benefits, both utilital and monetary, I should stop what I'm doing.

And that's where this leads me. I'm not making enough money, neither am I happy enough to keep going on in this environment. I wholeheartedly respect and love the community here but it has gotten to a point where it's just not worth it anymore. I'll pop in every now and then, probably less than @x0rqasmatr0n. Who knows, I may make a return with Sun and Moon. If prices start to rise again I'll set up shop again and hopefully keep it that way. ^^

Thanks for the great year and a half, everyone. You'll all be in my mind.

Now, I can still be contacted. In fact, I'll base a promotion on contacting me.

I've personally got a special offer for anyone who can read this.
If you've got the correct firmware (10.5-9.2), or about $30-40 USD to kick away on needed materials (not trying to sell you anything, I'll redirect you to the proper marketplace where you can buy said materials), I will teach you how to gen for FREE! Assuming you're not a total asshat to me, and you can follow my (very simple) directions.

I can be reached via skype with this link.

Someday soon, hopefully,

Ya' feel that, Jimmy? The shoutbox just got a whole lot less cancerous.

PS: I'll stick around for the next couple days. Til my sticky wears out on 4/15, at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
Hello! Bryan here. Some of you may know me as Krelbit, and probably, that's most of you.

I started frequenting this site in September of 2014, and watching it grow has certainly become an experience. I've had a lot of good times with Pokemon, but that's come with a price as well.
So, I started selling pokemon. It went well. Really well. I'm proud to say that i've been the first choice for over 200 new members, and have had over 600 transactions with other members of this fine site.

The dark side of this being that I've lost almost all the magic of pokemon. I see them as nothing more than profit boats now. It's depressing and I kind of hate that something I love could be turned into a money making
machine.
But, I'm a profit driven miserable greedy meatsack, what more can I do than keep on selling?

Except I can't anymore, lol. Me and a lot of other sellers are being chokeheld by new undercutters. @Chaos's profits are dwindling, and he was the one everyone looked up to as a seller, which is disconcerting to most, if not all of us sellers looking to actually make our time worth something. New stores scrape the minimum price barrel because it's all they can do to compete, which is reasonable, but still utter bullshit. Of course, it's not the only reason I'm quitting.

I've seen a lot of my friends come and go from this site. Probably too many, really. While I do get to see them in the shoutbox once every blue moon, it's just not worth waiting around for these special people. I really do appreciate my current friends on the site. @GiaQuando and @cj-97 are amazing friends, but they both know they can't replace some of the people who have left. These people helped and were helped by me and really made my experience in coming to the site so much better. Now that they've become less active or disappeared entirely, it's harder to keep coming back.

I've been dabbling in economics for the past few months and I find it absolutely fascinating. Now about a month ago I learned about the Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility. It states that too much of a good thing will eventually lead to giving me negative utility (or happiness) and I can see that starting to take root here. I'm just not as happy on this site as I used to be.

I've also learned that if my costs outweigh my benefits, both utilital and monetary, I should stop what I'm doing.

And that's where this leads me. I'm not making enough money, neither am I happy enough to keep going on in this environment. I wholeheartedly respect and love the community here but it has gotten to a point where it's just not worth it anymore. I'll pop in every now and then, probably less than @x0rqasmatr0n. Who knows, I may make a return with Sun and Moon.

If you've got the correct firmware (10.5-9.2), or about $30-40 USD to kick away on needed materials (not trying to sell you anything, I'll redirect you to the proper marketplace where you can buy said materials), I will teach you how to gen for FREE! Assuming you're not a total asshat to me, and you can follow my (very simple) directions.

Someday soon, hopefully,

Krelbit.

PS: I'll stick around for the next couple days. Til my sticky wears out on 4/15, at least.
R.I.P Bae, welcome to retirement buddy. We'd ( @Mynor1 @x0rqasmatr0n @Dom @Jiggly @sebesmos ) like to welcome you to retirement, I don't frequent the site enough to know if anybody else has but you have four options for retirement plans, League, Facebook, Snapchat or Skype. Or multiple(I'd go with multiple.) You always going to be bae.

K

Krelbit

R.I.P Bae, welcome to retirement buddy. We'd ( @Mynor1 @x0rqasmatr0n @Dom @Jiggly @sebesmos ) like to welcome you to retirement, I don't frequent the site enough to know if anybody else has but you have four options for retirement plans, League, Facebook, Snapchat or Skype. Or multiple(I'd go with multiple.) You always going to be bae.

Do not fret, child. You have me on skype. @Dom and @sebesmos have me on snapchat.
All is well.

PC Principal

Pokémon Trainer
Will Not Fall
Battler
Credits
When I first joined this forum, I looked to you for help and I tried to model my service after yours. You've been a great part of this community, you're always on the shoutbox and you're willing to help a player out. I also appreciate what you tried to do with pricing, and in a way you did do something (minimum price is now 60 I believe) although not entirely what you wanted.

Anyways, I'll miss ya, but I wanted to say thanks for your help, especially in the ways of the nand, and good luck in your future endeavors.

PS: also it is possible to use a system below 9.2, its just a pain in the ass

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Dammit I read this as "Possibly Pregnant" and was very disappointed... where is the dislike button? :(

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
> doesn't mention me as a fren

/me cries in a corner

Just go :]

GiaQuando

The Great Tactician
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Hello! Bryan here. Some of you may know me as Krelbit, and probably, that's most of you.

machine.

Except I can't anymore, lol. Me and a lot of other sellers are being chokeheld by new undercutters. @Chaos's profits are dwindling, and he was the one everyone looked up to as a seller, which is disconcerting to most, if not all of us sellers looking to actually make our time worth something. New stores scrape the minimum price barrel because it's all they can do to compete, which is reasonable, but still utter bullshit. Of course, it's not the only reason I'm quitting, but it does play a major role in all of this, not gonna sugar coat it.

I've seen a lot of my friends come and go from this site. Probably too many, really. While I do get to see them in the shoutbox once every blue moon, it's just not worth waiting around for these special people. I really do appreciate my current friends on the site. @ericashes, @GiaQuando and @cj-97 are amazing friends, but they both know they can't replace some of the people who have left. These people helped and were helped by me and really made my experience in coming to the site so much better. Now that they've become less active or disappeared entirely, it's harder to keep coming back.

And that's where this leads me. I'm not making enough money, neither am I happy enough to keep going on in this environment. I wholeheartedly respect and love the community here but it has gotten to a point where it's just not worth it anymore. I'll pop in every now and then, probably less than @x0rqasmatr0n. Who knows, I may make a return with Sun and Moon. If prices start to rise again I'll set up shop again and hopefully keep it that way. ^^

Someday soon, hopefully,

Krelbit.

God so this happened...
Well thanks Krelb for teaching me how to Gen and being a good friend for me :'(
You surely will be missed for the site...and my debt too eventually since I won't have anyone to remind me that :'(
Still I will hopefully see you in sun and moon bro <3

cj-97

LUCIOBAAALLLLLLL!
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
King of the Ring
Iron Will
Credits
metalgearsolid4-salute.jpg

So you did it. You're crossing the void. I must say it's been an absolute pleasure to be a user alongside you, especially some of those moments in the SB. That place ain't going to be the same and nobody could possibly fill the void you made. Thank you for all your help to me, in cfw and in my shop setup in recent times. It's been one hell of a ride friend and I salute you on how you made that journey funny as hell.

ThePokemonFanboy

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Hey, I've known you for little over a month and you've been great, you may be annoying sometimes but overall your an awesome guy and I hate to see you go. I've shared the same thoughts that you have about profit and everything and I want to follow in your footsteps. So, just like Donald Trump I'm going to make the site good again (its not bad or anything rn but undercutters are still here). And I guess all I have to end with is Goodbye!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

x0rqasmatr0n

Bad Blood
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Friendzilla
Credits
i have not "retired"
just busy

and waiting on the next game

testing