• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Sceptile Competitive Team Building

Roxas

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hey guys I need help on a competitive team that is centered around Mega Sceptile with Unburdened Ability. I needed advice on a great team around Sceptile in terms of nature, stats, moves, and items for competition.

Sceptile will be my Special Sweeper.

Sceptile
Unburden Ability
Timid/Modest/Hasty Nature
Giga Drain/Energy Ball/Leaf Storm
Focus Blast/Toxic
Hidden Power (Ice), Hidden Power (Rock), Rockslide
252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Attack

Scizor and Starmie would be the other two I would use, just need more advice on building the team!

Other potential Team members Scizor, Starmie, Tyranitar, Umbreon, Gengar, Greninja, Talon Flame.

GiaQuando

The Great Tactician
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
First of all if u run Mega sceptile go for Overgrow not Unburden,HA is useless to Mega Sceptile and changes once u mega evolve it,now to team building.
I won't tell you want to run and such but I will give you some good pokes that can work with him,talonflame is a nice choice cause while he is weak to electric,water and rock(typings that Mega-sceptile handles easily)it resits Ice,Bug,Fairy,Flying that M-Sceptile has a problem with thus creating your core.
Starmie is an excellent choice to counter the Dragon that Sceptile has a problem if they outspeed it and ofc has a rapid spin that removes the hazards that our core hates so much.
Heatran is one of your main threats so a Sword Dance Diggerby would be more than enough to OHKO it with an earthquake.
After that I would probably go for a Kuyrem-B which can beat Rotom-W with Earth Power(which is probably one of the worst stalls youcan encounter) and take care of the Dragons that Sceptile has a problem with with Ice Beam.
Lastly a Thundurus or a Raikou for electric support and Earthquake lure can help Talon-flame set up sword Dance(provided you have a Choice Scarf opponent like Lando-T)and allow it to sweep later xD

That's what I would use tbh hope I helped xD

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
First of all if u run Mega sceptile go for Overgrow not Unburden,HA is useless to Mega Sceptile and changes once u mega evolve it,now to team building.
I won't tell you want to run and such but I will give you some good pokes that can work with him,talonflame is a nice choice cause while he is weak to electric,water and rock(typings that Mega-sceptile handles easily)it resits Ice,Bug,Fairy,Flying that M-Sceptile has a problem with thus creating your core.
Starmie is an excellent choice to counter the Dragon that Sceptile has a problem if they outspeed it and ofc has a rapid spin that removes the hazards that our core hates so much.
Heatran is one of your main threats so a Sword Dance Diggerby would be more than enough to OHKO it with an earthquake.
After that I would probably go for a Kuyrem-B which can beat Rotom-W with Earth Power(which is probably one of the worst stalls youcan encounter) and take care of the Dragons that Sceptile has a problem with with Ice Beam.
Lastly a Thundurus or a Raikou for electric support and Earthquake lure can help Talon-flame set up sword Dance(provided you have a Choice Scarf opponent like Lando-T)and allow it to sweep later xD

That's what I would use tbh hope I helped xD
more importantly this thread is in the wrong spot :p do your job sheesh...

- starmie is either a good bulk with rapid spin or scarf with hydro/icebeam
-scizor is usually hyper offensive but whether its mega or not will just change the item the moveset it usually uses usually stays the same, swords dance/bullet punch/ bug bite/ roost(or type filler)