• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Shiny Starters

Katattack522

Youngster Joey
Credits
Are the starters going to be shiny locked at the beginning?? please say no.. I want a shiny Rowlet.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Are the starters going to be shiny locked at the beginning?? please say no.. I want a shiny Rowlet.
I think the only shiny locked Pokemon are the legendaries, ultra beasts, cosmog, and magearna? The starters should not be shiny locked. :)

Katattack522

Youngster Joey
Credits
I sure hope not.. I had planned on restarting until I got a legit shiny lol.... god help me.DO you think it will show up on the cut scene?

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I sure hope not.. I had planned on restarting until I got a legit shiny lol.... god help me.DO you think it will show up on the cut scene?
I don't think, in XY if a starter was shiny the model didn't change, you only found out in the first battle against Shauna.

Jen (Y/sun/moon)

Youngster Joey
Credits
Save just in front of lily and reset when you get to nickname your new pokemon. It's long and tedious because they made a long cutscene to discourage soft reset but people have got it to work