• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Signatures Limitations

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I think it'd be a good idea to limit the length of a user's signature, it can be overwhelming and get in the way of the thread or conversation if users use too many banners in their signature.

Thoughts?

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
I don't think a limit is needed tbh any overly obnoxious siggy has had some mod ask them to make it smaller and is complied

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I don't think a limit is needed tbh any overly obnoxious siggy has had some mod ask them to make it smaller and is complied

Is there any downside to a limit?

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
Is there any downside to a limit?
Yes by limiting ur basically limiting the size of a file added into the siggy thus limiting options available

Sewage

Pokémon Champion
Will Not Fall
Donor
Journalist
Credits
How would this be enforced? Would the actual space available when editing your sig decrease or would it be mods just counting banners?

My opinion is that it hasn't really been an issue for me so far, but if people try to start making their sigs excessively long like Dom's was earlier then it could get annoying real quick.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
How would this be enforced? Would the actual space available when editing your sig decrease or would it be mods just counting banners?

My opinion is that it hasn't really been an issue for me so far, but if people try to start making their sigs excessively long like Dom's was earlier then it could get annoying real quick.

Implement a limit with the site not allowing a certain amount of length or just mods and admins telling people when they get overwhelmingly long

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Dom's signature is too long imo. Any time that I literally cannot see anything BUT someone's signature - that's a little excessive.

I'm all for a signature size limit. Preachin' to the choir on this one.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
It won't let me paste this into my above post or I'd just edit. I'll donate the pc to the bank <3 Just wanted to prove my point that long ass signatures are obnoxious. If everyone did this, I wouldn't even want to look through threads.
upload_2015-6-17_23-22-23.png

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
It won't let me paste this into my above post or I'd just edit. I'll donate the pc to the bank <3 Just wanted to prove my point that long ass signatures are obnoxious. If everyone did this, I wouldn't even want to look through threads.
View attachment 891
No double posting....you have been warned xD ❤ I remember when it was like that thou it was annoying

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
No double posting....you have been warned xD ❤ I remember when it was like that thou it was annoying
When it was like that? It is like that. xD I took that screenshot just a few mins ago.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Dom's signature is too long imo. Any time that I literally cannot see anything BUT someone's signature - that's a little excessive.

I'm all for a signature size limit. Preachin' to the choir on this one.

Shoulda seen me yesterday when I had 14 banners in my signature

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
What sizing would you go by to enforce this? Would we have to say something like if the signature fills up half of a 1920x1080 monitor display it's too big, or would we say that you can only have a certain amount of images/text/lines in the sig?

I'm all for smaller signatures, I'm just curious to find the ways of actually enforcing it.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Oh that's pretty cool. I'm guessing we'd just take out max.width and replace max.height with something a tad more suitable than just 100px lol.
Probably. I sent it to doulie in a message, so we'll see what he thinks.

I'd still encourage people to show your support for/against this idea though, so that doulie can see how the community feels about it before taking action.

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
I think it'd be a good idea to limit the length of a user's signature, it can be overwhelming and get in the way of the thread or conversation if users use too many banners in their signature.

Thoughts?
I agree, we have long since made it so that images posted in the signature cannot exceed 200px in height, and if they did, they were automatically re-sized.

In addition to that, I've just made the maximum height of all signatures 450px. Which is roughly the size of 2 banners and room for some text.

Anything pass that height will be sliced off.

Last edited:

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
I agree, we have long since made it so that images posted in the signature cannot exceed 200px in height, and if they did, they were automatically re-sized.

In addition to that, I've just made the maximum height of all signatures is 450px. Which is roughly the size of 2 banners and room for some text.

Thanks doulie! :D

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

In addition to that, I've just made the maximum height of all signatures 450px. Which is roughly the size of 2 banners and room for some text.

Sweet, better fix my banner xD

Thanks man

testing