• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Smogon Bans Aegislash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Yep it's official, by 62% of the Suspect Test Vote, Aegislash has been sent to Ubers, needing 60% for this to happen. This makes it - or at least I believes it makes it the closest Suspect Test to date.

What are your thoughts on this? Personally, I really don't think it needed to go to Ubers, and now that it is, Pokemon like Mega Pinsir can run havoc. Maybe this means we might see different counters in OU now, but what do you think?
- Matt_192

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Yep it's official, by 62% of the Suspect Test Vote, Aegislash has been sent to Ubers, needing 60% for this to happen. This makes it - or at least I believes it makes it the closest Suspect Test to date.

What are your thoughts on this? Personally, I really don't think it needed to go to Ubers, and now that it is, Pokemon like Mega Pinsir can run havoc. Maybe this means we might see different counters in OU now, but what do you think?
- Matt_192
Aegislash wasn't too good for OU, but it did make many pokemon feasible. Terrakion, Kyurem-B, Lucario, Blissey, Gengar, and Alakazam were shit on by it. I'm sad to see it go, but interested to see how the meta will change. I don't want it banned, but will see how it turns out.

Giovanni

Honorable
Credits

- Matt_192
Smogon is full of noobs who can't play and as soon as something is good, they ban it. I am serious, I do not like Smogon.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Aegislash wasn't too good for OU, but it did make many pokemon feasible. Terrakion, Kyurem-B, Lucario, Blissey, Gengar, and Alakazam were shit on by it. I'm sad to see it go, but interested to see how the meta will change. I don't want it banned, but will see how it turns out.
To be honest though, if Smogon plays out like it has done in the past few months, we're gonna start to see more bans because of this :/

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Smogon is full of noobs who can't play and as soon as something is good, they ban it. I am serious, I do not like Smogon.
I completely agree, and then when they ban something, they need to ban even more things because they just took away a good counter.

Giovanni

Honorable
Credits
I completely agree, and then when they ban something, they need to ban even more things because they just took away a good counter.
I mean he was countered completely by Charizard-X. Singles is a dead-end in my option of great pokemon playing. I am an avid doubles guy, but I am no where near the best player in the world. I am probably the best on this site.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Aegislash was good against mega gengar, kanga, and lucario. Now that it is gone, we are gonna get a chain reaction... I'm a little scared that smogon may fall apart. Oh well, time to go to pokebattle...

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I mean he was countered completely by Charizard-X. Singles is a dead-end in my option of great pokemon playing. I am an avid doubles guy, but I am no where near the best player in the world. I am probably the best on this site.
He has lots of other counters as well, honestly, if you can play around King's Shield, you can KO it. But it's Smogon so what did we expect.

Giovanni

Honorable
Credits
Aegislash was good against mega gengar, kanga, and lucario. Now that it is gone, we are gonna get a chain reaction... I'm a little scared that smogon may fall apart. Oh well, time to go to pokebattle...
Good, I want that diabolical site to go down along with all of the noobs who claim they can do VGC doubles while I cream them 4-0. I need to sleep, I am rather being an ass.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Yep, Pokebattle's better any day. And about the chain reaction, I can bet the next ban is Mega-Pinsir.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Yep, Pokebattle's better any day. And about the chain reaction, I can bet the next ban is Mega-Pinsir.
i can see mega venusaur as well. :/

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I see Charizard-X as the next ban due to DD.
Seconded, not much in the OU meta can switch in on its STABs, and some of the bulkier Pokemon can only live about one hit.

pplzdude

Just A Nice Guy
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Having the meta center around countering one Pokemon is a bad thing.
The reasons for the ban definitely make sense.
I do not agree with the ban personally, but smogon does make competitive battling bearable compared to the alternative being no rules.
This reminds me of mega Kang, people always had to run something specific just because of the off chance you'll run into a mega Kang.
People always complain about smogon, but never do anything to be a part of the voting procedure. They just complain and write smogon off because they didn't do anything to try and stop a ban.
Imagine if all the people who just complained voted, Aegislash wouldn't be in ubers.
But then again that's just what I've seen.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Having the meta center around countering one Pokemon is a bad thing.
The reasons for the ban definitely make sense.
I do not agree with the ban personally, but smogon does make competitive battling bearable compared to the alternative being no rules.
This reminds me of mega Kang, people always had to run something specific just because of the off chance you'll run into a mega Kang.
People always complain about smogon, but never do anything to be a part of the voting procedure. They just complain and write smogon off because they didn't do anything to try and stop a ban.
Imagine if all the people who just complained voted, Aegislash wouldn't be in ubers.
But then again that's just what I've seen.
To be honest, me and my friend have tried laddering, but we really don't have the time. Most of the bans that Smogon makes seem to make sense (Mega-Kanga, Mega-Gengar, Mega-Blaziken, etc) and it is good for taking away these threats with next to no counters.

pplzdude

Just A Nice Guy
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
To be honest, me and my friend have tried laddering, but we really don't have the time. Most of the bans that Smogon makes seem to make sense (Mega-Kanga, Mega-Gengar, Mega-Blaziken, etc) and it is good for taking away these threats with next to no counters.

At least you tried rather than just sitting on the sidelines complaining about a site that makes battling bearable.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
At least you tried rather than just sitting on the sidelines complaining about a site that makes battling bearable.
Unlike 70% of the community, probably all of which were doing the bitching in the first place about Aegislash's ban

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
imo, Aegislash was healthy for the meta. It wasn't over-centralizing like M-Kanga, it didn't meet any of the offensive, defensive or supportive characteristics of an uber and it was very easy to beat. I reckon that it got banned more because it was hated rather than broken as playing it was just one big mindgame (unless you were running SD as it wouldn't run King's Sheild anyway cause max speed adamant as it was a sweeper rather than a tank or wallbreaker and it needed all the coverage it could get - but thats not the point). The fact is that it didn't force too much outside of putting one limit on Pinsir which actually prevents it from being broken. It was singlehandedly the one thing that prevented the meta from spiraling out of control imo as now that it has gone Pinsir will wreak havoc and one of Mawile's best checks is gone, among other effects losing it will have. I am not happy with the community about this and it is something which really needs to be re-tested at some point in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.