• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Some questions for the more experienced

Aj12729

Youngster Joey
Credits
So As many of you know im a pretty new competitive player and if you've battled me i'm sure you've noticed so I thought aside from mentoring i'd ask for some help from this awesome community 2 because everyone learns differently. So here are some of the questions i have for you:

1. One of th largest issues i see myself having is, I don't know my types very well and although I've been working on it, its still a large issue so i guess my question is how did you learn your typing Any info is appreciated wheather it was studying charts, just playing or other methods let me know.

2.Knowing my switches, So predictions im getting much better at atleast i believe so and i know thats part of knowing typing but i always seem to be nervous when switching cause I think no matter who i put out will be 1 shot. Do you still find your selves being nervous on switches or is it something that will pass when i know more about the typing?

3. I feel as i learn more and more i dont find myself making the same mistakes over and over but i do make a lot of mistakes alot of the time and this question was really for anyone to answer because these are all personal preferences and method learnings but is recovering from those mistakes something every person learns to deal with over time or do some have methods to knowing how to recover in any circumstance

For those who read this and reply i appreciate every single response and comment So thank you in advance

Mewtwo

Pokémon Champion
Credits
So As many of you know im a pretty new competitive player and if you've battled me i'm sure you've noticed so I thought aside from mentoring i'd ask for some help from this awesome community 2 because everyone learns differently. So here are some of the questions i have for you:

1. One of th largest issues i see myself having is, I don't know my types very well and although I've been working on it, its still a large issue so i guess my question is how did you learn your typing Any info is appreciated wheather it was studying charts, just playing or other methods let me know.

2.Knowing my switches, So predictions im getting much better at atleast i believe so and i know thats part of knowing typing but i always seem to be nervous when switching cause I think no matter who i put out will be 1 shot. Do you still find your selves being nervous on switches or is it something that will pass when i know more about the typing?

3. I feel as i learn more and more i dont find myself making the same mistakes over and over but i do make a lot of mistakes alot of the time and this question was really for anyone to answer because these are all personal preferences and method learnings but is recovering from those mistakes something every person learns to deal with over time or do some have methods to knowing how to recover in any circumstance

For those who read this and reply i appreciate every single response and comment So thank you in advance

The types aren't as trouble for me because a lot of them make since except a couple. I don't remember them usually. I just think what would make the most since.

And I'm usually pretty nervous about switch ins. Like if u think the person my predict the switch U have to think about what r the risk of each choice.