• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

[SPOILERS] Blue Exorcist Discussion

Orrun

Youngster Joey
Credits
I've been gone for a bit less than half a month, spending some time with my PS3, friends, bowling, and anime, and I'd like to say hello again!

Anyways, during my time I got around to finishing Blue Exorcist.

I'll try not to spoil too much, but yes there will be some spoilers obviously.

Some things bug me about this anime, and I know its just an anime, but still.

At the end, why is Yuri (Satan's spawns' mother), okay with the fact that Satan tried to kill their children? All she says is how their children decide if their actions were the right ones or not.

That's all nice and sweet, I guess, but there seems to be no backlash back at Satan about threatening their children, and also killing Fujimoto,who is probably one of the most badass "religious" anime characters out there.

Also where is the opposite resistence aka god and angels? I haven't read the manga or anything, but it sure seems like Gehenna's forces sure have a major advantage if given the right opportunity.

Okay mini-rant is over. I just got done watching it and I did enjoy it, and these aren't my only observations, but I was just wondering if anyone else here has watched it and has input or a discussion to start/share.

And if you haven't watched it, I'd recommend it. It does have some "sappy" moments about friendship, but it has its share of action and story, and some good family ties with brothers and parents. Also the demons even have their own bonds and characteristics and can even act freely/friendly.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
I wish I would've seen this thread sooner! I watched this as it was being released and I loved it. :D I wish there were more than 26 episodes. :(

testing