• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Squeezing the Sun, Milking the Moon

texextra

Youngster Joey
Credits
If you're like me, you like to take your sweeeet time when playing Pokemon games

The furthest I've gotten in Sun and Moon so far is around the first encounter with Lusamine

On my current run, I've been spending a LOT of time on the first island, catching and evolving Pokemon, using the Dex scan, and exploring every nook and cranny

While I'm doing this, my team will consist of 1 Pokemon who's training / evolving, accompanied by 5 Meowth with Pick Up

Defeat every wild Pokemon you encounter and all 5 Meowth have a chance to pick an item up at the end of each battle! You wind up with SO MUCH LOOT!! While I'm doing this, I leave Exp Share on (normally when playing through I set it off to keep the challenge balanced) to level all the Meowth up, gradually increasing the scope and value of the loot they find.

SM isn't the only set of games you can abuse Pick Up in — BW had Lillipup and of course ORAS / RSE had Zigzagoon — XY had Zigzagoon and Bunnelby!

Anybody else use any tricks like this to exploit the in game mechanics given to you? What other neat tips and tricks have you tried? Share them here! Interested to hear the weird ways people have been playing SM!

Last edited: