• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Suggestion - Omit PC from titles of stores

K

Krelbit

We should have a rule to not let people put any PC amounts into the titles of their stores because the only thing it encourages is undercutting.

The major sellers of this site have taken the initative to not put titles in their stores to counter the fast depreciation of prices.

Of course, this wouldn't be in place for short term sales, just the long term vendors that determine prices in the long run.

@doulie @Cheza Thoughts?

I know @Chaos may want to get a word in with this as well.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
You didn't tag me but oh well.

I definitely agree with this. It encourages people to buy from trusted sellers more than just 'oh, this person costs less - they must be better.'

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Yeah, definitely not a bad idea, it has been working out nicely for the top sellers recently. I find it is creating more cooperation between sellers not using prices in their titles, rather than creating unnecessary competition and undercutting. It also makes the buyers check out the different shops, offers from sellers, instead of just checking the title for the cheapest prices.

Chaos

Combo Breaker
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Credits
It's working for us and people go to shops based on our availability. 10/10

Last edited: