• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

SuMo Breeding Qs and As

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
Hey guys! After a long weekend of Max Repels and mashing A through cutscenes that I know in my heart of hearts are unskippable, I finally finished the main questline for Pokemon Sun! Final time? A little over 20h. Whew!
"Now," I think to myself, "the real fun can begin!"
I'm super eager to see how the competitive metagame shapes up for Gen 7. There are so many possibilities! So many questions! But before I can even begin to consider those questions, the first item on the itinerary is always the same. Get me some Perfect Pokemon!
Since the PokeBank won't be able to transfer my beloved team members from generations past until January, we'll have to start from scrap. Of course, I plan on purchasing at LEAST one BR Team before then, but I saw this as a good opportunity to try my hand at some good ole fashioned breeding! And as per the usual, with a new generation, a few tweaks are made to the breeding process.
Now I've done a hint of research around the web, and I've come across a few early articles about breeding your Alolan buds that have some...discrepancies. Some are operating on outdated info, with outmoded mechanic information. Others are making some incorrect assumptions. So I've decided to put together a few bullets on the things I've sussed out, in the hopes that we can avoid some future threads.

• Everstone is just as useful as always. Guaranteed to pass on the nature of the parent. And it's pretty easy to get. You can catch Rogenrola at Ten Carat Hill, and they'll have about a 50/50 chance to be holding one. OR you can go rebattle Ilima at his house in Hao'li City, and he'll give you one when you beat him.
  • The Daycare no longer levels up your pokemon. So the Egg Moves you want to breed into pokemon will no longer be overwritten if you leave the parents in too long.
  • Hyper Training your pokemon DOES NOT actually alter the values of their IVs, it only changes their stat calculation to make them APPEAR to have perfect IVs. So breeding a Hyper Trained pokemon is a waste, as they will not pass down perfect IVs. This also applies to Hidden Power.
  • (As far as we can tell right now) SOS Chaining does appear to increase the likelihood of a pokemon having their hidden ability. Many of them are attainable this way. No more FS needed!
If needed, I'll come back and update this, or correct it. Hope this helps, guys!

testing