• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Super Smash Bros. disscussion

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
well, technically, rosalina is from super mario galaxy, and creating her own symbol would be pointless, so that is probably the only execption....
Super Mario galaxy is a Mario game, so it is a Mario character... I don't see the exception...

montye63

The Ultimate Gaming Nerd
Donor
Credits
Super Mario galaxy is a Mario game, so it is a Mario character... I don't see the exception...
just like donkey kong originated from mario's roots, but then branched off, and the proof that he is related to mario is in all the spinoff games, because in donkey kong the game for nes, mario was known as jumpman, but was still mario, so this is evidence to prove that they are in the same series, but have subseries that qualify for smash bros. So rosalina would be from a subseries of mario called super mario galaxy, so the only reason there is the same symbol is because rosalina is not the protagonist in the game, it would be reasonable to put the same symbol only because she wasn't as important as mario...

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
just like donkey kong originated from mario's roots, but then branched off, and the proof that he is related to mario is in all the spinoff games, because in donkey kong the game for nes, mario was known as jumpman, but was still mario, so this is evidence to prove that they are in the same series, but have subseries that qualify for smash bros. So rosalina would be from a subseries of mario called super mario galaxy, so the only reason there is the same symbol is because rosalina is not the protagonist in the game, it would be reasonable to put the same symbol only because she wasn't as important as mario...
she is in a main game now... she is becoming more relevant, and it doesnt change the fact she is a MARIO character. If she has the MARIO symbol, she is a MARIO rep. So I believe 5 pokemon reps and 5 Zelda reps are in order.

P.S. donkey Kong didn't branch off of mario, mario branched off of dk...

montye63

The Ultimate Gaming Nerd
Donor
Credits
but still, that would mean that sakurai had broke his rule of 4 to a series, and he probably won't break it twice...

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
but still, that would mean that sakurai had broke his rule of 4 to a series, and he probably won't break it twice...
Since when was it a "rule"? the max is 5 atm, and I think mario wouldn't exclusively have 5. Jigglypuff and ganondork haven't been confirmed yet, and their franchises already have 4. I doubt those two will be thrown away all silly-nilly like...

TheQuantumNexus

Pokémon Champion
Credits
It never was a "rule", as far as the game has been in development. I could maybe see Sakurai have Jigglypuff thrown out, but Ganondorf is too much to take away. He's too central to the LoZ franchise. That'd be like taking Bowser away.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
It never was a "rule", as far as the game has been in development. I could maybe see Sakurai have Jigglypuff thrown out, but Ganondorf is too much to take away. He's too central to the LoZ franchise. That'd be like taking Bowser away.
Jigglypuff I don't think is going anywhere. She is more relevant then before, now that she has that new fairy typing...

TheQuantumNexus

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Jigglypuff I don't think is going anywhere. She is more relevant then before, now that she has that new fairy typing...
Oh, that's true, I forgot about that. Maybe I'm just biased because she looks too much like Kirby for me xD

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Oh, that's true, I forgot about that. Maybe I'm just biased because she looks too much like Kirby for me xD
I wish they just made the shape a little didfferent somehow... They are the exact same shape, with a different face...

TheQuantumNexus

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Yeah. Similar colors and all. I wonder if Mewtwo could ever make a comeback if Megaman did?

Rommulox

Pokémon Master
Team Elite
Trusted Seller
Credits
If Ganondorf was gone, I'd be a sad panda. He was my favorite to play with when I wanted to mess around and spike people. :)

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Ganondorf will return probably along with vaati or girahim
That would mean 6 Zelda characters... Which means another Mario character. I think gagnon is coming alone...

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Waluigi belongs nowhere in the roster list, it is a super minor character, and doesn't even have a CAMEO in the main games...

montye63

The Ultimate Gaming Nerd
Donor
Credits
sakurai made "the rule" for brawls character roster

montye63

The Ultimate Gaming Nerd
Donor
Credits
but please, i am tired of getting quoted, i am just using what i know from memory

montye63

The Ultimate Gaming Nerd
Donor
Credits
but the brawl rule i looked up

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Well it isn't a rule for this game! :D

montye63

The Ultimate Gaming Nerd
Donor
Credits
I am going to leave it at this... but then what are their limitations then? And if it is 5 to a series, how come sakurai said that hen can't bring back every character?