• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Closed Team building help!

Myrkury

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I want to build a team around my charizard Y. But I'm not sure what pokes to use. This is the current team i'm using! Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Skarmory
Nature: Impish
Item:Leftovers
EVs: 252Hp /252Def
Moves: Whirlwind/spikes/roost/taunt

Garchomp
Nature: Jolly
Item: Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4Hp
Moves: Fire Blast/Outrage/earthquake/sword dance

Dragonite
Nature: Adamant
Item: Lum Berry
Evs: 252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
Moves: Dragon dance/ earthquake/ Extreme speed/ outrage

Charizard
Nature: Timid
Item: Charizarardite Y
Evs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
Moves: Solar beam/ roost/ focus blast/ fire blast

Feraligtr
Nature: Jolly
Item: Life Orb
Evs: 252 Att/252 Spe/4 Hp
Moves Rock slide/ Dragon dance/ Ice punch/ water fall

Aggron
Nature: Adamant
Item: Choice Band
Evs: 252 HP/ 252 Att/ 4 Def
Moves: head smash/ super power/ iron head/ ice punch

matt

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Garchomp needs choice scarf

Remove taunt on skarmory and replace it with brave bird

And try a defensive heatran instead of aggron

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
I say try a special defense heatran and replace gator with physical def milo

ur srsly lacking in defense overall ur too hyper offensive

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
Dragonite benefits more from fire punch than EQ imo. Also, id give charizard d-pulse over focus blast.

nunu focus blast is for them chansey/blissey and similar walls

Myrkury

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Thanks for all your help guys!
Garchomp needs choice scarf

Remove taunt on skarmory and replace it with brave bird

And try a defensive heatran instead of aggron

If I put a choice scarf on garchomp then i would need to swap out sword dance as well right? Or should i replace the helmet with a life orb?

I say try a special defense heatran and replace gator with physical def milo

ur srsly lacking in defense overall ur too hyper offensive

Hmm thats true. What should i swap heatran for?

*edit* oops yeah. matt said it. :p

Focus blast is too unreliable and cant kill chansey anyway. Without d-pulse his charizard gets walled by a lot of dragons. He could get rid of roost and keep both, coverage is more important for a sweeper like him then recovery imo

Would a STAB fireblast in drought do as much damage to a chansey as focus blast? If it does then i might not need to keep focus blast i guess. If no then I'll probably swap out roost.

As for the fire punch doesnt EQ cover everything fire punch would besides skarm? And i could always swap out for charizard or garchomp for the fire blast!

DRAG0NIT3

Mad Man
Credits
Fire punch covers skarm, ferro, forretress, escavalier, and scizor. All of them would be a problem if you only had earthquake. As for fire blast, stab increases by 50% and so does drought, so focus blast really isnt worth it. Accuracy is too unreliable, plus other dragons become a big problem without d-pulse. And yes, if you use a scarf you will want to ditch swords dance.

Myrkury

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Fire punch covers skarm, ferro, forretress, escavalier, and scizor. All of them would be a problem if you only had earthquake. As for fire blast, stab increases by 50% and so does drought, so focus blast really isnt worth it. Accuracy is too unreliable, plus other dragons become a big problem without d-pulse. And yes, if you use a scarf you will want to ditch swords dance.

Oh yeah! I forgot about bug type resistances.. :/ Noob mistake haha.
Would roost or focus blast be better for dragonite?

Verashiden

Youngster Joey
Credits
Fire Blast and Focus Blast deal the same damage to Blissey:

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey in Sun: 184-217 (28.2 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 178-210 (27.3 - 32.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
wow with 2 flying dragons, and a charizard Y, ice is a huge problem even if you do got ice resist. You need to do somthing like make charizard x and drop either garchomp or dnite

Myrkury

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
wow with 2 flying dragons, and a charizard Y, ice is a huge problem even if you do got ice resist. You need to do somthing like make charizard x and drop either garchomp or dnite
I dont think charizard Y is weak to ice?

testing