• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Team Draco - Picking Up Inertia

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Hey Draco dudes and ladies,

Recently Ary asked me about a few things and I figured the best way to clear it up and get some input on it would be to make a thread and allow everyone to post opinions or other suggestions here.

First things first, I'm excited to announce we're now at 43 members! This makes us the sites 4th largest team behind Black Winter (55), XIT (58), and Nova (143). Let's keep it up! :D

Next, I want to bring up Ary's suggestions - all of which I would support.

First of all, it would help our team look a little more active if we had more (simply put) stuff to do. I think a big step in the right direction for this would be to get some more members promoted now that we have a bigger size and grouping. Personally, I'd like to see some sort of initiative or participation from anyone who would like a higher role on the team.

Secondly, Ary suggested we have some form a Team Board to discuss (I don't really remember but I'm gonna sum it up to) "team stuff". This would likely be formed of the higher ranking members or members who are very active and want to participate in helping Draco grow and prosper.

And to wrap this all up, I want to hear your suggestions. What do you think of the aforementioned ideas? What would you like to see next? What do you think would make Draco a better team experience for you?

Thanks @Ary for the suggestions!

Current team officials: @Gold 2.0 , @Matt_192 , @sebesmos

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
Yeah I was just actually discussing these ideas with Ary and I've come to like many of her ideas. There are reasons why I haven't created a team board:
honestly, me being a moderator, im involved in tons of site side-projects (IATS, Pokedex, Mod convo, Tiering council, question convos, team-building convos, tournament convos, Mentoring) makes it hard for me to be able to actually keep up and keep track with all of the ideas that people on the board may want to bring up. I chose skype because it's not hard for me to keep track of and members are more likely to get a quicker and more personal response from me rather than one long-winded formal paragraph, which is one of the reasons I made Draco: more personal interaction. Another reason is that it's way more convenient for me personally to be able to respond in school, church, wherever I am, (as I do a lot of stuff outside of my house). Not to mention I do all of this from mobile.

I'm definitely not against a group of members pitching ideas, but there was a certain reason I chose to run most of this through Skype. :)

I would gladly start one if we have 5+ members interested.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
In terms of stuff to do, I will be starting a team tournament soon, if anyone would like to enter that :)

I also plan to revive Draco in team wars, so hmu if you want to go battle!

DoctorDPS

Youngster Joey
Credits
First off, I totally like the use of color coding and bolding Sebes. It really helped my spastic mind grasp the main points of this subject. Lol.

Second, I do like the idea of a team board of some sorts. Skype is fun (though I have yet to actually get on a call, even though I really want to), but for getting things in writing, a team board is not a bad idea.

As far as doing stuff as a team, that is kind of tough. We could totally look into other games that team members play as well such as LoL and/or other team type games and play those together. I know I was a mod on a guild for a game I played for a while and that's the kind of stuff we did as a team via TeamSpeak: General chat, played other games, and just had a good time.

As for right now, the team doesn't seem quite big enough to warrent some elaborate structuring, but it might not be a bad idea to get some kind of structure in place to make lives easier on the officers and members. But that's just a small idea that can be discussed via Skype or a Team Board! ;D

Cannu

Staff member
Mod
Donor
Journalist
Credits
Totally bump this :)

I think all the suggestions above would be easily achievable as long as we can promote a high level of activeness because that's ultimately what will get us working more and more like a team :D

testing