• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active The best lead?

L

Lvl69Teemo

What is your favourite Pokemon to lead with? Why? Also if you want you can place the move set and what not so people could try it.

MegaUmbreon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
I lead with a stealth rock Mamoswine, but there are probably better leads out there. I've heard Klefki is a pain in the butt

Senpai

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Donphan because he can rapid spin as well as set SR, with EQ and play rough/ knock off/ ice shard thing is amazing for a core or lead :D

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
Honestly, there is no best lead because of the fat that every pokemon has it's counter. But they're right. Pokemon with hazards are usually solid leads, but it all depends on your opponent's team. I personally like Sableye as a lead because of how common hazards are and it's really easy to just taunt them to stop them in their tracks:)

L

Lvl69Teemo

Yeah I kinda like Taunt leads that's one of the reasons I like Deoxys Speed most things can't even get close to it's speed and it can learn taunt :p

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Landorous-T is amazing

Stealth Rock
EQ
Stone Edge
U-Turn

Gets rocks up, as well as a great physical wall. I use max hp max def with little atk.

Cordell S

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Clefable (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind

I use Clefable as my lead because I just have to use Calm Mind a few times and make him a tank. I heal with soft boiled and I have Moonblast stab. I use flamethrower for those pesky Whimsicott. *cough cough @Senpai *

Armoured-Lemming

Youngster Joey
Credits
Recently I've been using Hammerlock, my Clawitzer.

Assault Vest

Ice Beam
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Water Pulse

Gotta love the mono water typing and the assault vest lets the glass cannon take a couple of thunderbolts or energy balls with relative ease, then retaliates for a OHKO or at least make them regret staring down the barrel of a Mega Launcher!
Of course he is just one of many hehe, need to always try other leads as you never want to be too predictable.

L

Lvl69Teemo

Recently I've been using Hammerlock, my Clawitzer.

Assault Vest

Ice Beam
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Water Pulse

Gotta love the mono water typing and the assault vest lets the glass cannon take a couple of thunderbolts or energy balls with relative ease, then retaliates for a OHKO or at least make them regret staring down the barrel of a Mega Launcher!
Of course he is just one of many hehe, need to always try other leads as you never want to be too predictable.
this seems interesting, kinda like a goodra. I might try it one day :p

testing