• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

The Mega Evolution animation?

PokemonFan

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
In pokemon ORAS when battle sometime i saw the full animation when the trainer raised his hand, the energy burst and the pokemon Mega evolve while sometime the pokemon just evolve instantly. Is this just random or this defending on who you battle?

~Kawaii_Pikachu~

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
In pokemon ORAS when battle sometime i saw the full animation when the trainer raised his hand, the energy burst and the pokemon Mega evolve while sometime the pokemon just evolve instantly. Is this just random or this defending on who you battle?
Does the trainer have a mega bracelet? If yes then that explains it
if no then i dunno

~Kawaii_Pikachu~

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I mean my own mega pokemon, not other
Oh.
Back to answering the question in the first place,the trainer(which means you)uses the Mega Bracelet to mega evolve Pokemon(if it is carrying a mega stone,that is.)
During evoultion,nothing is requried (except when you want to evolve a specfic pokemon like eevee use either fire stone or thunder stone)

PokemonFan

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Oh.
Back to answering the question in the first place,the trainer(which means you)uses the Mega Bracelet to mega evolve Pokemon(if it is carrying a mega stone,that is.)
During evoultion,nothing is requried (except when you want to evolve a specfic pokemon like eevee use either fire stone or thunder stone)
I don't understand your answer. I just curious why the animation when i mega evolve my pokemon is randomly

DannySteeden

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I read somewhere that if you pressed B as it was happening then it wouldn't need the trainer animation but I feel like this isn't true lol

Rat

Youngster Joey
Credits
The full animation seems to happen when it's the first mega evo done since loading up your save file. Subsequent mega evolutions in that same play session show the short version.

Strawberries

Captain Mc. Salt'n
Donor
Journalist
Credits
Please don't make unnecessary posts, it is considered spam and not allowed.

This is because the first time you load up your save file, the full animation appears in your first battle. After so, the animation is shortened untill you exit out of your game. During a wifi battle, it will always show the shortened animation.

Reactions: Rat

testing