• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

The PerfectPokemon LGBT Megathread!

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
Hello all, and
WELCOME!
To the (Not Quite) Official PP LGBT thread!

I wanted to start this as a hub for all of our LGBTQ and Ally members.
Feel free to introduce and tell us about yourself!
Share stories, seek support, find friends and allies
Or even if you aren't LGBTQ, and just have questions, feel free to ask! No one will fault you for trying to better understand someone else!
We are here for people of all sexual or romantic orientation, gender, or gender expressions

RULES:
  • Be respectful. These are real people sharing their feelings and putting themselves out into the open. Harrassment and/or bullying will not be tolerated in any form.
  • Follow the PerfectPokemon global rules here just like anywhere else
  • Sales/Giveaways aren't prohibited, but for the time being, let's try to stick to getting to know each other better.
  • This is a safe space. This cannot be expressed enough.
  • Have fun!​
I'll start us off!
I'm Element! I'm demisexual, primarily homoromantic, and genderfluid. I just recently figured out exactly what demisexuality was, and how I fit into it. And truth be told, it made me feel a lot more comfortable with myself. I think as much flak as people give "labels", it does help to know that what you're feeling isn't just crazy abnormal. I found the community I always needed with other ace and gray-ace people.
Also, I play Super Smash Brother Melee competitively, and I love cartoons!

Last edited:

RedQueenIzanami

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Hello all, and
WELCOME!

Or even if you aren't LGBTQ, and just have questions, feel free to ask! No one will fault you for trying to better understand someone else!
We are here for people of all sexual or romantic orientation, gender, or gender expressions

RULES:
  • Be respectful. These are real people sharing their feelings and putting themselves out into the open. Harrassment and/or bullying will not be tolerated in any form.
  • Sales/Giveaways aren't prohibited, but for the time being, let's try to stick to getting to know each other better.
  • Have fun!​
I'll start us off!
I'm Sot! I'm demisexual, primarily homoromantic, and genderfluid. I just recently figured out exactly what demisexuality was, and how I fit into it. And truth be told, it made me feel a lot more comfortable with myself. I think as much flak as people give "labels", it does help to know that what you're feeling isn't just crazy abnormal. I found the community I always needed with other ace and gray-ace people.
I'm Izanami! I'm pansexual owo and um...yeah! hi! I was a part of lgbt club in high school, and I've always supported that people should be allowed to love who they wanna love whether they're girl/guy/anything they identify with. o.o "tell us about yourself" well >w> the generic response of "i like long walks on the beach in the sunset-" no I'm just kidding... I love music, drawing, playing video games, and helping people out. Fun fact: my profile pic, and the character in my sig I drew on my tablet! >w<

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
Hello all, and
WELCOME!

RULES:
  • Have fun!​
I'll start us off!
I'm Sot! I'm demisexual, primarily homoromantic, and genderfluid. I just recently figured out exactly what demisexuality was, and how I fit into it. And truth be told, it made me feel a lot more comfortable with myself. I think as much flak as people give "labels", it does help to know that what you're feeling isn't just crazy abnormal. I found the community I always needed with other ace and gray-ace people.
*Ahem* I'm Saya and I'm a lesbian, I found out that I was a lesbian when I was in middle school, though I've kept it quiet until I reached high school. But now I'm completely open now, I married my high school sweetheart on March 14th last year and we have twin daughters that were born this year. I'm an international champion for Under Night in Birth, Blazblue, and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Currently working at Seven Seas Entertainment as the editing supervisor for the yuri department.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm also a serious cosplayer too, I've attended over 50 different conventions around the world.

Last edited:

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
I'm Izanami! I'm pansexual owo and um...yeah! hi! I was a part of lgbt club in high school, and I've always supported that people should be allowed to love who they wanna love whether they're girl/guy/anything they identify with. o.o "tell us about yourself" well >w> the generic response of "i like long walks on the beach in the sunset-" no I'm just kidding... I love music, drawing, playing video games, and helping people out. Fun fact: my profile pic, and the character in my sig I drew on my tablet! >w<
Awesome! I've always wanted to learn to draw, but there's something about it that always seems to demand more patience than I can muster. I might hit you up for a commission sometime!
*Ahem* I'm Saya and I'm a lesbian, I found out that I was a lesbian when I was in middle school, though I've kept it quiet until I reached high school. But now I'm completely open now, I married my high school sweetheart on March 14th last year and we have twin daughters that were born this year. I'm an international champion for Under Night in Birth, Blazblue, and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Currently working at Seven Seas Entertainment as the editing supervisor for the yuri department.
Aww! Congrats! On both counts! I'm super happy for you! Do you still play? Will we have a fateful encounter in Las Vegas at EVO one year?! You can find me walking away from the GGXrd pools.
And that seems like an amazing job, but it definitely sounds stressful. Mostly the "editing" and "supervisor" parts.

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
Awesome! I've always wanted to learn to draw, but there's something about it that always seems to demand more patience than I can muster. I might hit you up for a commission sometime!

Aww! Congrats! On both counts! I'm super happy for you! Do you still play? Will we have a fateful encounter in Las Vegas at EVO one year?! You can find me walking away from the GGXrd pools.
And that seems like an amazing job, but it definitely sounds stressful. Mostly the "editing" and "supervisor" parts.
Arigato gozaimasu, yeah my job is stressful but its worth it in the end to what you worked so hard on in the shelves of the book stores. And I did attend EVO with my wife last year, I was in the P4AU pools and she was in the Tekken pools.

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
Arigato gozaimasu, yeah my job is stressful but its worth it in the end to what you worked so hard on in the shelves of the book stores. And I did attend EVO with my wife last year, I was in the P4AU pools and she was in the Tekken pools.
I will not be attending this year due to prior obligations, but EVO 2017! I'm gonna make it out of first wave pools in Melee. #SquadGoals

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
I will not be attending this year due to prior obligations, but EVO 2017! I'm gonna make it out of first wave pools in Melee. #SquadGoals
Unfortunately I'll be in Japan for a convention in July so I'll be missing EVO too

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
I identify as an attack helicopter.

初めまして, my name is Martin. While I'm not some heavy LGBTQ person, I am in a position of sexuality where it is fairly difficult to assertain exactly what my sexuality is. I'm somewhere between being straight and being demisexual (if it were a gradient I'd be closer to demisexual than straight), and by that I mean that I rarely feel sexual attraction, but I have experienced attraction enough times to know that I'm only attracted to members of the opposite sex while also experiencing sexual attraction more than most other demisexuals whome I have encountered and talked to do. Fringe cases such as myself mean that I strongly oppose to the idea of labelling people by their sexuality, because as opposed to being a very clear-cut type of system there is just so much variation in sexual preference that there are people who are extremely difficult to give labels like gay, straight, bisexual, demisexual and or any other sexuality to, and as much as I personally disagree with the sentiment of safe spaces in the majority of contexts due to how open-ended it can be with regards to its definition, I feel that it is necessary to respect other people's way of thinking with regards to sexuality and I completely side with the party who is the target of discrimination in all cases.

I am one of what I like to refer to the "British triangle" (myself, Matt_192 and cj-97) on the site and my nationality is something that I often use to take the piss in the shoutbox, on other websites and on Skype. I am currently taking AS levels in physics, mathematics, chemistry and graphic products, and I have an INTP-A personality. I believe that being kind is much more important than being smart (although I'm fortunate in that I'm intellegent--even though my general laziness/listlessness has a big impact on my grades (Matt_192 will confirm that I'm extremely lazy)), and as such I tend to gravitate towards other kind people while thoroughly hating people who take pleasure out of other's pain and from people who constantly call out or target certain people repeatedly. While the mean people are sometimes the funniest on the internet, it doesn't change the fact that said people's attitudes as people really piss me off.

Obviously I play Pokémon, but outside of this I play a little Super Smash Bros. and I am a fan of the LoZ games and Fire Emblem and I really like the Super Mario Bros. and Mariokart games. I watch a lot of anime and am in the early stages of learning Japanese (I'm not a weaboo/Japanophile though), and I also enjoy reading despite not doing it much; if I had to pick a favorite (this is difficult) I'd say that it was one of Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai, Nagi no Asukara, Non Non Biyori, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge, Toradora or Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Its fun to play Smash with Matt and joke about how having Shulk and DK as our waifus lol. As for western television, some of my favorite shows include Peaky Blinders, Scrubs, The Big Bang Theory and No Offence, as well as a really good Sweedish drama called The Bridge. I'm also partial to a little Family Guy and The Simpsons, although I don't watch American cartoons as much as I used to. I enjoy reading, although I don't do it much, and my favorite books are Station Eleven (Emily St. John Mandel), the His Dark Materials trilogy (Phillip Pullman) and the Maze Runner series (James Dashner). I'm very musical (I play the french horn and lowkey play tenor horn) and there is very little music that I legitimately dislike, with the key exception being screamo. Like, there is a lot of music which I know is bad when I listen to it and get bored by very quickly, but to say that there is much music that I dislike would be a lie. My favorite band is either Kraftwerk or Electric Light Orchestra, and my favorite song is either The Robots (Kraftwerk), Mr. Blue Sky (ELO) or Sweet Talkin' Woman (ELO). I like analysing things for symbolism (I much prefer analysing visual cues to analysing language), but I lack the criticalness to be a reviewer.

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
I identify as an attack helicopter.

初めまして, my name is Martin. While I'm not some heavy LGBTQ person, I am in a position of sexuality where it is fairly difficult to assertain exactly what my sexuality is. I'm somewhere between being straight and being demisexual (if it were a gradient I'd be closer to demisexual than straight), and by that I mean that I rarely feel sexual attraction, but I have experienced attraction enough times to know that I'm only attracted to members of the opposite sex while also experiencing sexual attraction more than most other demisexuals whome I have encountered and talked to do. Fringe cases such as myself mean that I strongly oppose to the idea of labelling people by their sexuality, because as opposed to being a very clear-cut type of system there is just so much variation in sexual preference that there are people who are extremely difficult to give labels like gay, straight, bisexual, demisexual and or any other sexuality to, and as much as I personally disagree with the sentiment of safe spaces in the majority of contexts due to how open-ended it can be with regards to its definition, I feel that it is necessary to respect other people's way of thinking with regards to sexuality and I completely side with the party who is the target of discrimination in all cases.

I am one of what I like to refer to the "British triangle" (myself, Matt_192 and cj-97) on the site and my nationality is something that I often use to take the piss in the shoutbox, on other websites and on Skype. I am currently taking AS levels in physics, mathematics, chemistry and graphic products, and I have an INTP-A personality. I believe that being kind is much more important than being smart (although I'm fortunate in that I'm intellegent--even though my general laziness/listlessness has a big impact on my grades (Matt_192 will confirm that I'm extremely lazy)), and as such I tend to gravitate towards other kind people while thoroughly hating people who take pleasure out of other's pain and from people who constantly call out or target certain people repeatedly. While the mean people are sometimes the funniest on the internet, it doesn't change the fact that said people's attitudes as people really piss me off.

Obviously I play Pokémon, but outside of this I play a little Super Smash Bros. and I am a fan of the LoZ games and Fire Emblem and I really like the Super Mario Bros. and Mariokart games. I watch a lot of anime and am in the early stages of learning Japanese (I'm not a weaboo/Japanophile though), and I also enjoy reading despite not doing it much; if I had to pick a favorite (this is difficult) I'd say that it was one of Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai, Nagi no Asukara, Non Non Biyori, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge, Toradora or Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Its fun to play Smash with Matt and joke about how having Shulk and DK as our waifus lol. As for western television, some of my favorite shows include Peaky Blinders, Scrubs, The Big Bang Theory and No Offence, as well as a really good Sweedish drama called The Bridge. I'm also partial to a little Family Guy and The Simpsons, although I don't watch American cartoons as much as I used to. I enjoy reading, although I don't do it much, and my favorite books are Station Eleven (Emily St. John Mandel), the His Dark Materials trilogy (Phillip Pullman) and the Maze Runner series (James Dashner). I'm very musical (I play the french horn and lowkey play tenor horn) and there is very little music that I legitimately dislike, with the key exception being screamo. Like, there is a lot of music which I know is bad when I listen to it and get bored by very quickly, but to say that there is much music that I dislike would be a lie. My favorite band is either Kraftwerk or Electric Light Orchestra, and my favorite song is either The Robots (Kraftwerk), Mr. Blue Sky (ELO) or Sweet Talkin' Woman (ELO). I like analysing things for symbolism (I much prefer analysing visual cues to analysing language), but I lack the criticalness to be a reviewer.
Man, that was a pretty awesome read! Thanks!
I think fringe cases like yourself are what makes this so amazing. The more case-by-case examples that appear, the more evident it becomes that the compartmentalization system we use now will blur, and maybe eventually fall into obscurity as archaic. We're all unique.
Also, might I recommend the Abhorsen series by Garth Nix? Especially if you like Pullman.

GiaQuando

The Great Tactician
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Well guess I should do a small intro too :Cool:

As you most know I am Gia and I am straight(sorry guys but I agree with Deadpool when he says
835.jpg
)
I am an AMV editor for almost 5 years(yeah I had tons of free time xD)and managed to win some contests the later years which I am proud of :D
Well other than that I guess I should say I am a seller on PP and a member here almost a year <3
Now those who know me well know how I enjoy trolling and that's why some friends in real life call me Gintoki(or Gin) so beware I am rarely serious and when I am...I pretend xD
I am a big anime fan though I prefer mostly manga over anime and some of my fav so far are Mushishi(Manga&Anime),One Piece(Manga),Shaman King(Manga),Full Metal Alchemist : Brotherhood(Manga&Anime),Gintama(Manga&Anime).
Considering gaming I am mostly playing Games like Elder Scrolls or Witcher though I enjoy quite a lot Final Fantasy and LOTR too xD
Probably the only Greek on the site(forever alone I know)but I don't mind I had the chance to meet a lot of nice people here xD
I spend most of my time on the site too so whether u need help or just wanna talk I am here :D
Thanks all I guess...Congratz for reading all of it :p

100a5923b5165ee96f0b505ef571e900.jpg

My aim here was to make you laugh but you're probably like that...
0664ea790d329171ebcd9ef9af6a681db40560ee_hq.gif

So just put up a smile and be a carefree person like me(though I got a cool beard too :Cool: )

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Well guess I should do a small intro too :Cool:

As you most know I am Gia and I am straight(sorry guys but I agree with Deadpool when he says
835.jpg
)
I am an AMV editor for almost 5 years(yeah I had tons of free time xD)and managed to win some contests the later years which I am proud of :D
Well other than that I guess I should say I am a seller on PP and a member here almost a year <3
Now those who know me well know how I enjoy trolling and that's why some friends in real life call me Gintoki(or Gin) so beware I am rarely serious and when I am...I pretend xD
I am a big anime fan though I prefer mostly manga over anime and some of my fav so far are Mushishi(Manga&Anime),One Piece(Manga),Shaman King(Manga),Full Metal Alchemist : Brotherhood(Manga&Anime),Gintama(Manga&Anime).
Considering gaming I am mostly playing Games like Elder Scrolls or Witcher though I enjoy quite a lot Final Fantasy and LOTR too xD
Probably the only Greek on the site(forever alone I know)but I don't mind I had the chance to meet a lot of nice people here xD
I spend most of my time on the site too so whether u need help or just wanna talk I am here :D
Thanks all I guess...Congratz for reading all of it :p

100a5923b5165ee96f0b505ef571e900.jpg

My aim here was to make you laugh but you're probably like that...
0664ea790d329171ebcd9ef9af6a681db40560ee_hq.gif

So just put up a smile and be a carefree person like me(though I got a cool beard too :Cool: )
572f7c57042f3.png

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Hey, I'm Matt :] I'm also heterosexual and I feel the need to repost Gia's picture

835.jpg
K I'm good now :^)

I'm an admin on PerfectPokemon and I've been trying to put a lot into the site in any way possible, be it on the tiering council, doing ideas, being on the podcast, and more, but that's enough about the site!

I've been playing Pokemon for about 11 years now and my first Pokemon game was.... Ranger? I think? I actually have a strange love for the Ranger and Mystery Dungeon spin-off titles, but yeah, I've been playing competitively for the last 4-6 years (I say 4-6 as I started going to UK VGC events since 2010 but I was a massive scrub until 2012 LOL). My best result was in 2013 and 2014 when I got 21st and 20th respectively with a 5:2 streak but unfortunately didn't make top cut :[. I kinda stopped playing VGC a lot during 2015, and I don't think anyone really wants to play the 2016 format. I've also unfortunately become a lot less interested in Pokemon as of late, but that leads me into my next game!

I used to play Smash Brawl when I was about 8 but I was uhh... terrible. I picked up Smash 4 on 3DS launch day and I was still pretty bad until some point last year where I tried taking it more seriously and I've actually been doing pretty well. I picked up Smash for Wii U last year but I've oddly grown accustomed to 3DS controls (yep, I know it's a bad thing...) and I currently main Diddy Kong with a pocket Marth and RosaLuma. By this point (I'm sure @Martin can vouch for me) I've probably tried maining about half the cast but I feel pretty confident with these 3 at this point LOL. Although I've stopped playing Pokemon a bit before Sun and Moon, these days in my spare time you'll probably find me on Smash training or watching a tournament. Unfortunately I've never actually played Melee (cri) but I've been watching the tournament scene for a while and oddly support Hungrybox and Leffen, probably the two most hated gods lmao. Despite me getting better in Smash, it's kinda disappointing that the 'UK Smash scene' is basically just the London Smash scene - I have never seen a smash tournament going on in about a 50 mile radius of my house which is really kinda upsetting, so I'm forced to play online and that's about it :/

I feel a need as well to talk about anime on this thread, but I've only actually watched one rip - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, but it was still absolutely amazing. When Summer comes around I'll probably be watching Steins;Gate and Gurren Lagann, as well as trying to start playing Overwatch. I'm primarily a PC gamer (with 179 games on Steam ,-,) with my main game being The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (currently got 368 on it - I actually have no life). If you don't know what it is, it's basically a roguelike dungeon crawler with permadeath. Add me if you want! (Steam: Matt_192)

As for music, I can't decide if I'm bland or varied. For like the past year I've primarily listened to remixes and Area 11, but now I'm branching out more and like most types of music except metal (sorry metal fans rip). I also play Piano to a Grade 6 standard and Bass Guitar to Grade 4 (and I'm working on grades 7 and 6 respectively), but school's getting intense rn as I head into Sixth Form so I don't know how my progression will play out - I just hope I can continue playing a lot of the time tbh.

@Martin mentioned that I'm part of the 'British triangle' already (and I'm honestly struggling to work out who else is active and comes from here apart from @Loli-Shark LOL) (also Martin, you're wrong since Northern Island doesn't fall under Great Britain ;) ) and I'm currently taking my GCSEs (going well so far :]). I'm hoping to do Computing, Maths, Further Maths and Physics at A-Level before hopefully going on to do Computing + Maths joint honours at Uni (although I'm probably thinking way too far ahead).

I believe that being kind is much more important than being smart (although I'm fortunate in that I'm intellegent--even though my general laziness/listlessness has a big impact on my grades (Matt_192 will confirm that I'm extremely lazy)), and as such I tend to gravitate towards other kind people while thoroughly hating people who take pleasure out of other's pain and from people who constantly call out or target certain people repeatedly. While the mean people are sometimes the funniest on the internet, it doesn't change the fact that said people's attitudes as people really piss me off.
I'm subbed to Leafy and Keem, why do you like me LOL

Its fun to play Smash with Matt and joke about how having Shulk and DK as our waifus lol.
Accurate af

Anyways thanks for reading guys :Thumbsup: I may not be LGBTQ but I definitely support you guys. If anyone causes you trouble, I'm following the thread now so they'll be dealt with :p

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
(also Martin, you're wrong since Northern Island doesn't fall under Great Britain ;) )
Matt_192 is a (BAN ME PLEASE)

On a more serious note though you know what I mean. "UK Triangle" you grammar nazi -_-
Man, that was a pretty awesome read! Thanks!
I think fringe cases like yourself are what makes this so amazing. The more case-by-case examples that appear, the more evident it becomes that the compartmentalization system we use now will blur, and maybe eventually fall into obscurity as archaic. We're all unique.
Also, might I recommend the Abhorsen series by Garth Nix? Especially if you like Pullman.
I'll make sure to give it a read. Thanks for the recommendation!

Loli-Shark

Pokémon Champion
Will Not Fall
Credits
Naturally now I need to add my piece in here seeing as I'm not included in the UK Triangle even though I might as well be considered Scottish with my specific locale :p

<s> Please involve me in the UK Triangle and make it a square ;-; </s>

As far as sexuality goes, it's too difficult to place a point on anything. I'm in that 'I'm definitely straight' category as far as my experiences have gone, but that doesn't mean to say that I'm going to stick with females if that makes sense :p

I've been playing Pokemon since I was 4, and competitively for the past year, and with the help of people like Cj, Gia, Clutch and others, I'm been getting progressively better. I'm hoping to take part in regionals for VGC next year - depending on the rulings - and naturally, favourite type is fairy :p

I have too many games to keep count, but I L O V E the Kingdom Hearts franchise! And then of course, animu and mango fan, keeping up the trend.

I'm a student currently, aiming to go into forensics (RIP dreams, chemistry exam was awful), and I'm for sure an ally of the LGBTQ movement. I don't exactly have too much knowledge, not experiencing it myself, but I have plenty of friends that are, so I can sure help if need be :D

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
Man, you guys are all so awesome!
I just wanted to shoutout the incredible staff and mod teams that make things like this possible! Keep up the amazing work, we all really appreciate it. And not just this thread, across the entire site!

So, I'm going to edit this post later, and I'm gonna go ahead and share my simple story, and how I came to find myself and all the great communities that have supported me! Stay tuned!
STORY TIME EDIT!

So...yeah. My story. Right. Well, I grew up in FL, moved to Dallas around 06-07. Finished high school here, and moved to Tennessee with my Dad. My Dad is a very conservative kind of person. Very Bible-Belt kinda guy. We don't currently speak. So around '12, I moved back to Dallas.

Now, I had kinda always known I was different. My first real relationship was with a girl, whom I still care about very much. And in high school, I had a couple girlfriends, and couple flings with guys, and one serious boyfriend. As serious as anything is in high school. Meaning it lasted about 6 months. So I kinda walked around assuming I was bi. Or more, I was compromising with myself, bargaining for bi. I had always known I was attracted primarily to guys, but thanks to the influence of mi padre, I spent a lot of time trying to convince myself otherwise.

I would up with the "high school sweetheart", a lot of things happened, and when it all came to an end, I was crushed. I just didn't really know what to do, how to function, and my father was always trying to press me into a mirror version of himself, and...suffice to say things were ugly for a while. My struggle with depression took a serious downturn here. I eventually was forced to reckon with the truth about myself. And to the furthest extent of my knowledge at the time, I came to the conclusion that I was gay.

So with this newfound identity in my back pocket, I moved back to Dallas, to be closer to my support network. I knew even at the time that this was neccessary for my survival in those ciritcal moments. And I was right. Especially when I entered into another damaging relationship shortly afterwards.

So, over the last few years, I've lived without much interest in anyone, much less dating. And the few times I have developed an interest, the feelings were not quite reciprocated. But it wasn't so bad. I'm still friends with most of those people. And I've vested more interest into the LGBT community, as the more I learned, the more I learned that "gay" wasn't exactly the right thing to call how I felt.

Enter: Demisexuality. This was it. And looking back on my experiences, things make more sense. I was never happy because I was forcing myself into things I didn't really want. And that had negative effects on others around me. It created these negative feedback loops. But now, I can put a name to my feelings and recognize them for what they are. I can be more self-aware and understand why things are happening the way they do. And that's brought me peace.
I hope this breif and very much abridged history of me has brought ya'll some entertainment. Or enlightment. Or courage or hope. But no matter what you felt, if you find yourself reading this, and you find yourself in the same dark, bleak place I was in what feels like many years ago, remember...

#ItGetsBetter

Last edited:

raeman0012

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Hey, I'm Matt :] I'm also heterosexual and I feel the need to repost Gia's picture

835.jpg
K I'm good now :^)

I'm an admin on PerfectPokemon and I've been trying to put a lot into the site in any way possible, be it on the tiering council, doing ideas, being on the podcast, and more, but that's enough about the site!

I've been playing Pokemon for about 11 years now and my first Pokemon game was.... Ranger? I think? I actually have a strange love for the Ranger and Mystery Dungeon spin-off titles, but yeah, I've been playing competitively for the last 4-6 years (I say 4-6 as I started going to UK VGC events since 2010 but I was a massive scrub until 2012 LOL). My best result was in 2013 and 2014 when I got 21st and 20th respectively with a 5:2 streak but unfortunately didn't make top cut :[. I kinda stopped playing VGC a lot during 2015, and I don't think anyone really wants to play the 2016 format. I've also unfortunately become a lot less interested in Pokemon as of late, but that leads me into my next game!

I used to play Smash Brawl when I was about 8 but I was uhh... terrible. I picked up Smash 4 on 3DS launch day and I was still pretty bad until some point last year where I tried taking it more seriously and I've actually been doing pretty well. I picked up Smash for Wii U last year but I've oddly grown accustomed to 3DS controls (yep, I know it's a bad thing...) and I currently main Diddy Kong with a pocket Marth and RosaLuma. By this point (I'm sure @Martin can vouch for me) I've probably tried maining about half the cast but I feel pretty confident with these 3 at this point LOL. Although I've stopped playing Pokemon a bit before Sun and Moon, these days in my spare time you'll probably find me on Smash training or watching a tournament. Unfortunately I've never actually played Melee (cri) but I've been watching the tournament scene for a while and oddly support Hungrybox and Leffen, probably the two most hated gods lmao. Despite me getting better in Smash, it's kinda disappointing that the 'UK Smash scene' is basically just the London Smash scene - I have never seen a smash tournament going on in about a 50 mile radius of my house which is really kinda upsetting, so I'm forced to play online and that's about it :/

I feel a need as well to talk about anime on this thread, but I've only actually watched one rip - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, but it was still absolutely amazing. When Summer comes around I'll probably be watching Steins;Gate and Gurren Lagann, as well as trying to start playing Overwatch. I'm primarily a PC gamer (with 179 games on Steam ,-,) with my main game being The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (currently got 368 on it - I actually have no life). If you don't know what it is, it's basically a roguelike dungeon crawler with permadeath. Add me if you want! (Steam: Matt_192)

As for music, I can't decide if I'm bland or varied. For like the past year I've primarily listened to remixes and Area 11, but now I'm branching out more and like most types of music except metal (sorry metal fans rip). I also play Piano to a Grade 6 standard and Bass Guitar to Grade 4 (and I'm working on grades 7 and 6 respectively), but school's getting intense rn as I head into Sixth Form so I don't know how my progression will play out - I just hope I can continue playing a lot of the time tbh.

@Martin mentioned that I'm part of the 'British triangle' already (and I'm honestly struggling to work out who else is active and comes from here apart from @Loli-Shark LOL) (also Martin, you're wrong since Northern Island doesn't fall under Great Britain ;) ) and I'm currently taking my GCSEs (going well so far :]). I'm hoping to do Computing, Maths, Further Maths and Physics at A-Level before hopefully going on to do Computing + Maths joint honours at Uni (although I'm probably thinking way too far ahead).

I'm subbed to Leafy and Keem, why do you like me LOL

Accurate af

Anyways thanks for reading guys :Thumbsup: I may not be LGBTQ but I definitely support you guys. If anyone causes you trouble, I'm following the thread now so they'll be dealt with :p

Well hi all i'm Rae not exactly sure what i'd class my self as in terms of sexuality. I'm in a relationship of 4 years and we've had a daughter together but I have had sexual experiences with males that I did enjoy but never really went any further and not since my current relationship. Don't know if you'd call it "just a phase" as the older generation seem to like to refer to it as but oh well :3. Also add me to that "UK triangle" I live in Scotland now but grew up in Yorkshire xD

I've been a chef straight from high school whilst doing an apprenticeship and attending a chef's school. Currently hold 2 Michelin stars and a rosette. I have played pokemon since I was about 5 when I got my hands on my older brothers gaeboy colour and pokemon blue version. Other games I enjoy are mainly MMORPG's (FFXIV online, WoW, LoL etc.)

As far as interesting jobs and attending comps etc I'm pretty bboring never had the opportunity arise as much as I would love to. Thanks all and peace out xD