• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

The PP League Needs Some Adjustments!

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
It seemed like an obvious example, I was also trying to segguest gyms that people may not think about, plus I didn't want to mention them all. Plus, most flying types learn defog, some of which almost always have defog. It's not as much of an issue to remove like certain gyms, mostly fire. Although, it's still a big issue we may need to discuss if we wish to balance gyms.
You can't really "balance" it because of the fact that's it's a mono-type battle on one end and not the other. It's always going to be unbalanced, the point is to make it so people can't "cheat the system" per say.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
You can't really "balance" it because of the fact that's it's a mono-type battle on one end and not the other. It's always going to be unbalanced, the point is to make it so people can't "cheat the system" per say.
I would say it's a bit of both. One of the biggest complaints is how very few gyms benefit from the current rules, and puts it off balance. I would say that balancing the gyms is one of the things that stop people from cheating the system. When we create rules for versing gyms, it can stop counter teaming, and help balance the gyms. Which is the best of both worlds. Maybe the way I see it is just clouded xD

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
I would say it's a bit of both. One of the biggest complaints is how very few gyms benefit from the current rules, and puts it off balance. I would say that balancing the gyms is one of the things that stop people from cheating the system. When we create rules for versing gyms, it can stop counter teaming, and help balance the gyms. Which is the best of both worlds. Maybe the way I see it is just clouded xD
Making too many different rules for every gym won't be any more appealing to challengers than having gyms composed entirely of ubers .-. If I want to take on the gym challenge and have to read up and study each clause or ban every time I want to fight a gym that's ridiculous. I think that maybe 1 or 2 banned pokes per gym is a mild step in the right direction - not beyond that. That complicates it too much. We don't need each gym to have an ENTIRE tier list to it, lol.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
@Jiggly @sebesmos

We're currently in the process of voting, I may as well just tell you the options though

1. You are allowed 2 SE STAB mons against and a gym and the leader is also allowed to ban one other Mon from use
2. Do nothing

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits

Gym Badges

This thread has come to my attention. I will be reading through it all as soon as i get the chance. I will let you guys know my thoughts on improving the system.

testing