• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

The Sequel Theory.

What do you think of this theory?

• It's good.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • It needs some work.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • It's just stupid.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I just want to participate.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

CrimsonRush

Youngster Joey
Credits
It was a Saturday morning and I was sitting at my table drinking coffee when I thought of this theory.

Sun and Moon will be sequels to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. With Brendan leaving Hoenn to train, like Red left Kanto, he will take the 3 Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza with him. The Admins of Team Aqua and Magma continue without their leaders after finding there is hope to continue their goal.

Team Magma will be searching for a Legendary Pokémon only spoken of in myths. A Pokémon that controls the sun. Team Magma is hoping to use this Pokémon's power to dry up all of the water since they no longer have a Pokémon that can create land.

Much like Team Magma, Team Aqua will be searching for a Legendary Pokemon but instead of the sun it will control the moon. Because the moon's gravitational pull controls the tides, Team Aqua will try to use the Legendary to make the land be covered with water using the tides.

A new hero will start off his journey after moving into a new house in Littleroot Town. He will be asked to do something that requires him to meet Professor Birch but he will be on Route 101 studying the newly migrated Pokémon after Primal Groudon/Kyogre have changed the climate with Desolate Land and Primordial Sea. Like in ORAS, when the player finds him he will have starters with him and being chased by a Pokémon. If you played ORAS after beating the game, you know he did this 3 more times. Each time he has different starters and this time he will have Pokémon that we have never seen before.

Because the Legendary Pokémon are no longer there, the region has changed slightly. Mt. Chimney has cooled down if you are playing Sun and the Sea Cavern's entrance has no water if you are playing moon. Team Magma/Aqua will encounter the hero looking for where to look for the new legendaries throughout the story eventually leading to them finding a new cave in these areas.

That's my theory.

Chem

Pokémon Trainer
Dex Contributor
Credits
it's well thought out I like your approach to the idea but it's going to be a new main title taking place in Singapore or Hawaii still speculation but yeah main titles don't normally have a sequel feel to them but we will just have to wait and see :D

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
I never flatter anyone, so please don't take this post personally because I would have responded similarly to any other thread like this one.

Honestly this isn't gonna happen. If its going to be a sequel to anything, it'll be a sequel to Pokémon X and Y. Your theory has lots of holes in it too. First of all, the games have basically been confirmed to take place in a new region, as evidenced both by the concept art from the teaser we got back when SuMo was announced and by the mysterious statue thing that the player can obtain in X and Y. In addition, Zygarde's core form, 10% form and 100% form have been confirmed yet remain unreleased, which means that it is much more likely that the games will link into X and Y than to ORAS so that this can be explained properly. They aren't going to go back to Hoenn because it is a long boat ride away from the other regions, while X and Y have a direct land connecton on the eastern side if the region--meaning that it is more likely that, if they do a GSC on us, it is more likely to connect up to Kalos than it is to any other region. In addition, returning to Hoenn would be an extremely poor business decision on Game Freak's part. This is because the region is depressingly linear in design, with ledges and smashable rocks preventing you from advancing in certain directions, meaning that returning to the region would result in the game being far too similar to RSE due to events taking place in the same order amd you exploring in the same direction that you did before. Even with a new cave, it'd need to be placed on an existing route--and as such it wouldn't help make the game any less similar to RSE. The final nail in this theory's coffin comes from the fact that ORAS is a remake. If we were going to get a sequel to the Hoenn games, it would have been done in generation 4.

testing