• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

The Spectrum Arena

AndromedaNexus

Lorekeeper
Donor
Credits
Anyone who wants to become a better battler, or are just starting out in competitive Pokemon should continue reading this post:

Hello, members of Team Prism, this is something I wanted to start up, and now looks like the perfect time to do so. This is The Spectrum Arena, the learning and battle grounds of our team.

For those of you who want to learn what is the difference between Ev's and Iv's,How to team build or want to further hone your battle game, this is the place for you. Or maybe you are looking for a place to discuss current trends and strategies in the Pokemon community(Smogon or VGC), this is also the place for you. This will be our competitive discussion hub, so please use it as such. I will be here to help any of you get into Pokemon and will initiate discussions on current trends in competitive Pokemon. @Khalei Vi Will be here to help with team building, as well as helping newer members learn the basics.

Of course, anyone who feels that they are a competent and well-informed battler should feel free to help us Mentor, but either Myself or @Khalei Vi will have to assess your competency before you will added on as a Mentor. Mentors will be listed below, so feel free to contact them with any questions relating to Competitive Pokemon

I hope everyone here takes advantage of this, lets grow strong together.

Mentors:
@AndromedaNexus
@Khalei Vi

Last edited:

tmbate

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
I definetly need some strategy help. And i have one q about breeding. Is there any particular way to increase odds of 6iv? besides destiny knot of course :p

Khalei Vi

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I definetly need some strategy help. And i have one q about breeding. Is there any particular way to increase odds of 6iv? besides destiny knot of course :p
In my personal opinion 6 iv's are not necessary and are just fluff. As long as you get the IV's you need, the pokemon is just fine. However, for getting 6 IV's, it takes patience and the better the IV's the parents have the higher the chance. Two 6 IV parents will guarantee 5 IV's or more and give a better rate for 6 IV's in my experience. In the end, it's all RNG though.

tmbate

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
In my personal opinion 6 iv's are not necessary and are just fluff. As long as you get the IV's you need, the pokemon is just fine. However, for getting 6 IV's, it takes patience and the better the IV's the parents have the higher the chance. Two 6 IV parents will guarantee 5 IV's or more and give a better rate for 6 IV's in my experience. In the end, it's all RNG though.
alright thanks

Combustiblelimes

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Team Building

I don't know where to even begin. I've been looking for a competitive team for a long time now, (it's the whole reason I joined the site,) but I cannot seem to find one that sticks. I find a pokemon I like, try and build a team around it, but I find out that I missed a huge weakness or don't have a hazard setter or something dumb like that. Sometimes, I'll just run a bunch of smogon sets, but they never feel like they're truly "mine". And everyone predicts them and I always have trouble learning to use them. By the time I get the idea, I'll find something that just doesn't sit right with me or something weird. I can't really explain what I'm looking for or what kind of help I want. I'm just in a sort of slump and it's kinda ruining competitive battling for me. :(

Thanks a lot for any help!

testing