• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Open The ultimate baton pass! I'm in need of some assistance.

roberttlee92

Youngster Joey
Credits
I have a friend who has a very tenacious stall/wall team, it's only been beaten as far as I know a few times. I'm trying to put together a baton pass chain team that can beat it but I need to take care of his Chaney eviolite natural cure (aromatherapy soft boiled flamethrower toxic) before I can do anything. All the while watching out for his regenerator amoongus (clear smog spore) and his cofagrigus (haze). If I can spider web one and spore it with smeargle and set up ingrain and pass lol its a lot of ifs but I was thinking maybe umbreon mean look yawn (hence the question) he's got a couple of badass mixed defenders a regenerator slowking (slack off scald ice beam dragon tail) and his cofagrigus. He has a super power azumarril(Aqua jet) and donphan (stealth rock earthquake ice shards rapid spin) he starts with the donphan usually.
This is just all of the info I have on his team so far. As i get more updates from my friends (all of which want him obliterated) ill update the convo. He's a buddy of mine but boasts a little too much and want to bring him back down to earth. Invite others. Invite everyone if you want. All help is wanted. The team I have created so far consists of
Zapdos for agility or ninjask for speed boost
Vaporeon for wish and/or acid armor
Mr. Mime for cm
scizor for SD and/or Id
Smeargle for ingrain and/or spider web/spore
pass to mega salamence to sweep
all will have substitute except for maybe smeargle.
trying to figure out how to keep my bp chain in contact while boosting and avoiding hazers.
All suggestions are welcome. Think inside the box, outside the box, around the box, at the boxes parents house, anything will help.

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
Actually, I think a Mega Gallade would help with all of the things you're having problems with (Chansey, Cofa, and Amoongus). Baton pass shouldn't be necessary to break his strat, just a couple wall breakers. Gallade has a 2HKO on those 3 (gotta look out for Spore though). A Rotom-W could help a lot as well as toxic stalling. A Chansey of your own would benefit you. I prefer seismic toss > flamethrower.

Also, if it's possible, I'd like to battle him someday. It sounds fun. :)

Last edited:

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
Yeah, but a baton pass chain that long might be destined to fail. You could use a swords dance Scolipede to pass to the Gallade. It could OHKO and get health back with drain punch to possibly sweep the team. (and would require less setup)

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
I was think about that just chain maybe 2 or 3 the sweep. I like gallade so I think I might go with that.
You would really only need the Scoli I would think.

+2 252+ Atk Gallade Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 306-362 (95.6 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO (and most don't run that much defense)

+2 252+ Atk Gallade Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 618-728 (143 - 168.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Gallade Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 852-1004 (132.7 - 156.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Gallade Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Donphan: 368-434 (95.8 - 113%) -- 75% chance to OHKO or +2 252+ Atk Gallade Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Donphan: 276-325 (71.8 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO for health

+2 252+ Atk Gallade Zen Headbutt vs. 228 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 412-486 (103.5 - 122.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Gallade Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowking: 462-544 (117.2 - 138%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Mega Gallade is an absolute monster. 10/10. Does not deserve to be in BL2.

Last edited:

Nick H.

Youngster Joey
Credits
A really fun and annoying baton passing pokemon is a stockpiling double teaming drifblim. It is funny when your opponent can't touch you and even if they do it doesn't do any damage. Also to avoid the spore use a grass type pokemon

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
double team is banned in most places, so a lot of battlers would not look highly on you to use it...especially for a passer

Nick H.

Youngster Joey
Credits
I know I know, but if you ever have watched verlisify on youtube he loves that annoying drifblim set and is hated for using it

testing