The Perfect Pokemon App on Android and iOS

Active Threat of the Week (Greninja)

Discussion in 'Competitive Battling' started by notsoclutch, Jun 6, 2016.

1. notsoclutch

notsoclutch Rare Breed Staff Member Admin Let It Reign Battler Donor

Hey guys, I thought it might be fun to start a threat of the week here on Perfect Pokemon. In this thread, we will discuss a new threat each week. This includes talking about counters, checks, cores, sets, and everything in between. If you have anything to say about a particular Pokemon this is the place to say it. I will try to highlight strong threats for as long as possible and potentially revisit threats as new sets and tier changes come out. Since this is a relatively new thread, I'll try to keep it OU only for the time being, but this may change as time goes on.

To get things started, let's talk about a somewhat controversial Pokemon for the first week: Greninja. [​IMG] This true terror of OU sports an amazing speed, a great movepool, and one of the best abilities in the game. Greninja's combination of mixed offenses, a movepool that many Pokemon would kill for, and STAB on every attack via Protean make for a deadly cleaner that few teams can properly prepare for. If you see a Greninja on the opposing team, make sure you have a gameplan for it or else you could find yourself slowly losing Pokemon after Pokemon to it in a frantic attempt to learn it's moveset.

WSawyer and G like this.
  2. G

G Youngster Joey Will Not Fall Battler Dex Contributor

hope u have u-turn or v-switch

3. GiaQuando

GiaQuando The Great Tactician Will Not Fall Trusted Seller Badge Smaug Friendzilla Donor Dex Contributor Iron Will

It's quite a threat indeed but if you are prepared for it it's not that big deal for me xD

4. Matt_192

Matt_192 Official Server Crasher Staff Member Admin Will Not Fall Journalist Friendzilla Donor Dex Contributor Iron Will

G likes this.
  5. Axel Davis

Axel Davis Youngster Joey

Credit:
    ¤48
    0   0   0
    Greninja is in fact borked. But I do believe its main gimmick, Protean can be played around if you play skillfully. I may not have many pokemon that can switch into it, like Aegislash and Hoopa, but it has a significant amount of checks that either outright kill it or force a switch, once again giving you a tactical advantage. Two pokemon you mentioned were Lop and Mane, two mons that are either guaranteed a KO or a switch.

6. Matt_192

Matt_192 Official Server Crasher Staff Member Admin Will Not Fall Journalist Friendzilla Donor Dex Contributor Iron Will

See convo in a sec