• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Threat of the Week (Greninja)

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Hey guys, I thought it might be fun to start a threat of the week here on Perfect Pokemon. In this thread, we will discuss a new threat each week. This includes talking about counters, checks, cores, sets, and everything in between. If you have anything to say about a particular Pokemon this is the place to say it. I will try to highlight strong threats for as long as possible and potentially revisit threats as new sets and tier changes come out. Since this is a relatively new thread, I'll try to keep it OU only for the time being, but this may change as time goes on.

To get things started, let's talk about a somewhat controversial Pokemon for the first week: Greninja.
battledex-asset
This true terror of OU sports an amazing speed, a great movepool, and one of the best abilities in the game. Greninja's combination of mixed offenses, a movepool that many Pokemon would kill for, and STAB on every attack via Protean make for a deadly cleaner that few teams can properly prepare for. If you see a Greninja on the opposing team, make sure you have a gameplan for it or else you could find yourself slowly losing Pokemon after Pokemon to it in a frantic attempt to learn it's moveset.

G

Youngster Joey
Will Not Fall
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
hope u have u-turn or v-switch

GiaQuando

The Great Tactician
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
It's quite a threat indeed but if you are prepared for it it's not that big deal for me xD

Axel Davis

Youngster Joey
Credits
"somewhat controversial"

@notsoclutch plox

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v2v7kEsL01670AM4X9GSU14zv3wkjjv5pfSScm-x-bw/edit?usp=sharing

My thoughts on Greninja if anyone cares to read them :]

Greninja is in fact borked. But I do believe its main gimmick, Protean can be played around if you play skillfully. I may not have many pokemon that can switch into it, like Aegislash and Hoopa, but it has a significant amount of checks that either outright kill it or force a switch, once again giving you a tactical advantage. Two pokemon you mentioned were Lop and Mane, two mons that are either guaranteed a KO or a switch.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Greninja is in fact borked. But I do believe its main gimmick, Protean can be played around if you play skillfully. I may not have many pokemon that can switch into it, like Aegislash and Hoopa, but it has a significant amount of checks that either outright kill it or force a switch, once again giving you a tactical advantage. Two pokemon you mentioned were Lop and Mane, two mons that are either guaranteed a KO or a switch.
See convo in a sec