• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Time to Celerbate Good times- Birthday Rewards

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I wanted to suggest an idea about giving a small reward for the people's birthdays. I wanted to form a special kind of shop that would offer different kinds of rewards for only people who have their B-day for that day. I wanted to see what others though of this idea. It would be completely non-profit and would show the importance of our members on this site. I also believe that members who have been here could receive better rewards also as a recognition for there time on this site. I want you to suggest your though on this idea. I want to form an organized shop for this idea.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
This could be cool, but I don't know if we should really vary the rewards too much if you catch my drift. Maybe just a time on the site threshold for receiving a prize.

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Well like I stated its not to be anything to big but I though it would be nice to give them a little something. Their could be a set reward basic on number of years on this site based on how many birthday they have been here.

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
well I don't agree with this lol for the moment my bday passed like 3 days ago xD

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
How about there is one day where everyone receives their B-day reward each month. Instead of it being each day- we celebrate all the B-days on one day for everyone that month. If something comes up that day and you can't receive your gift then you can get it at a later date.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
If you look under transaction history and under the filter drop down, there is an option for checking for 'Happy Birthday.' From this, I'm guessing that the site already has a system for giving people PC on their birthday.

EDIT: Ah, I see your point about the shop, but what percentage cut would people get? Would the mons be free?

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
How about for every year their here on the site they get a 5-10% discount?
If you look under transaction history and under the filter drop down, there is an option for checking for 'Happy Birthday.' From this, I'm guessing that the site already has a system for giving people PC on their birthday.

EDIT: Ah, I see your point about the shop, but what percentage cut would people get? Would the mons be free?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
How about for every year their here on the site they get a 5-10% discount?
A 5-10% discount from whom, though? I don't think you can really deduct a percentage off sales that that people are selling, not the site. If anything, it would have to be a deduction off tournament entrances, but they fund the pot so we can't deduct that either.

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
A 5-10% discount from whom, though? I don't think you can really deduct a percentage off sales that that people are selling, not the site. If anything, it would have to be a deduction off tournament entrances, but they fund the pot so we can't deduct that either.
You now how some teams have a shop reference book, well would if we had a similar book that listed shops welling to provide discounts for this B-day. It they wanted a discount for a certain service then they would look at the shops that provide that discount.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
You now how some teams have a shop reference book, well would if we had a similar book that listed shops welling to provide discounts for this B-day. It they wanted a discount for a certain service then they would look at the shops that provide that discount.
Eh, not a bad idea :) It would be interesting how many shops will comply with this, however.

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Eh, not a bad idea :) It would be interesting how many shops will comply with this, however.
The question is should the book be free to enter or should a fee be paid for the listing?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
The question is should the book be free to enter or should a fee be paid for the listing?
IMO it should be based on a few things. They can pay if they want, but being active should also warrant this bonus.

Golden Rule

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
IMO it should be based on a few things. They can pay if they want, but being active should also warrant this bonus.
Its a start. We need to compile a list of required things in order to be acted to the books.

testing