• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Tournament: "The Comeback"

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Doubles and Singles are two different formats.
You can't expect them to have the same rules and regulations
so is the tournament at 3 or 4 for US Central time?

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Their battling rules..... for example "Sleep Clause- You lose if, at the end of your turn, two of your opponent's Pokemon were put to sleep by a move you used but were not forced into, and neither have had their sleep removed since then."

I'm like really????? It's so messed up that all these forums are adopting their ways, that for people like me who support Official VGC rules That are created by the people who created the game, are turned down by rules created by someone who don't even work for Pokemon.... It's very disappointing, cause i really want to join this but I'm not going to support this crud called Smogon

If this tournament was only going by ban list that would be fine even though that ban list is BS cause those banned pokes aren't even hard to beat....... and if I'm getting this all wrong I'm sorry
Like Gold said earlier, singles is a very different beast. While the people at Smogon do at times get a bit ban happy, all of the bans are very much warranted and make the game a lot more interesting. The clauses like sleep clause may seem silly, but I assure you that they help make a much more fun singles experience. Having experienced things like evasion boosting in singles, I can also say that it definitely warrants the ban as well. As for the banned Pokemon, I assume you have a problem with mega Gengar among others. Trust me when I say this, all these things help make more Pokemon useable and promote a much more interesting game.

Sorry to sound like a Smogon ad, but if you were to play singles, you would start to understand why these things have been implemented.

Zac1297

Top Dog
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Count me in.

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
Their battling rules..... for example "Sleep Clause- You lose if, at the end of your turn, two of your opponent's Pokemon were put to sleep by a move you used but were not forced into, and neither have had their sleep removed since then."

I'm like really????? It's so messed up that all these forums are adopting their ways, that for people like me who support Official VGC rules That are created by the people who created the game, are turned down by rules created by someone who don't even work for Pokemon.... It's very disappointing, cause i really want to join this but I'm not going to support this crud called Smogon

If this tournament was only going by ban list that would be fine even though that ban list is BS cause those banned pokes aren't even hard to beat....... and if I'm getting this all wrong I'm sorry
As much as I agree with several points you made about the regulations set up by Smogon, Gold has a point, it's a different battle format and it's as simple as that. The respective format has it's own sets of rules.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Well, if it is 4PM like the banner says, I will be there :)

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits

MaliciousMango

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
I'll join. I guess it's time I made my comeback anyways.

Reactions: Dom

testing