• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Trophy Point Borders

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Unlike the other suggestions flying around, I haven't brought this up with @doulie to see if it's possible, but figured I'd throw it out to everyone else real quick. I just posted it on a different thread, but wanted to get more feedback for this specifically so here it is.

What if trophy points meant something more? What if reaching certain numbers of trophy points gave you borders around your post display (avatar, banners, badges, etc. - y'know, THAT box to the right of my post), kind of like League does for their ranked system... so something like this?

attachment.php

GiaQuando

The Great Tactician
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
League of Legends xD
That game has the worst community nowadays xD
But their icons are cool xD

Miles8088

Top Kek Champion
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Unlike the other suggestions flying around, I haven't brought this up with @doulie to see if it's possible, but figured I'd throw it out to everyone else real quick. I just posted it on a different thread, but wanted to get more feedback for this specifically so here it is.

What if trophy points meant something more? What if reaching certain numbers of trophy points gave you borders around your post display (avatar, banners, badges, etc. - y'know, THAT box to the right of my post), kind of like League does for their ranked system... so something like this?

attachment.php
I agree 100% it would also be cool if new achievements that were released added to trophy points. It would be great if all the members of the site had a reason to get on and try to earn things. Some of us will work hard for a banner but maybe more would get involved if we added more perks here and around the site.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
^ I second this

In the other thread where we've been discussing, I still agree that other achievements need icons but this is definitely a good idea. If we were to have 6 different coloured borders, what would you suggest would be the requirements for each one? If I recall correctly, 123 is the maximum so that would obviously require the highest ranked colour - I'll have to look into what other amounts of trophy points could be the boundaries.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
^ I second this

In the other thread where we've been discussing, I still agree that other achievements need icons but this is definitely a good idea. If we were to have 6 different coloured borders, what would you suggest would be the requirements for each one? If I recall correctly, 123 is the maximum so that would obviously require the highest ranked colour - I'll have to look into what other amounts of trophy points could be the boundaries.
I think maybe something like a normal user would have no border, then a user who has earned their first trophy points would be the lowest tier, and then some kind of tiering through there, to where 123 would be the highest - the "challenger" as it shows in the pic.

I think I'd need to sit down and actually do the math on how many points people usually earn, etc etc to tier it up better. Like you and I would probably be diamond, cause we only have 1 trophy left until 123 I think.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Looking at the trophy points ladder. Possibly:

123 - the Challenger
113 - Diamond
83 - Platinum
53 - Gold
28 - Silver
8 - Bronze

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Looking at the trophy points ladder. Possibly:

123 - the Challenger
113 - Diamond
83 - Platinum
53 - Gold
28 - Silver
8 - Bronze
I think something like that would work, yeah. And it'd be a cool way to appreciate trophy points, since right now they seem to only earn new titles (but most people who reach higher levels of trophy points just buy their own titles anyway and never get to reap these rewards).

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
Lolz some ppl might not even notice the rewards 4 the titles the current trophy points cause when the title changes they fun get an alert...can't appreciate wt they don't know happened xD

I really like this idea though it may seem like just adding colors but it allows more customization which I would enjoy personally as well as others...may actually make some ppl try to earn the points rather then accidently getting them xD

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I like the idea, it'd give a little more value to posting and getting likes as well as that one tourney win to earn you all of the currently available trophy points, I think it'd coincide nicely with the new achievements as well

@doulie What do you think?

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
I like the idea, it'd give a little more value to posting and getting likes as well as that one tourney win to earn you all of the currently available trophy points, I think it'd coincide nicely with the new achievements as well

@doulie What do you think?
My initial impression is that it feels like something that can be a part of the new seasonal ranking system i want to implement.

I don't see any negatives to implementing something like this, but to be honest there are too many priority items ahead of this for it to be something i start working on soon.

testing