• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Unique-ify the Site!

Should the site do the following?

• Total voters

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
As a pokemon site, it may be cool to give forum areas unique names. For example: General Chat could be: Chansey's rest spot. Or Rock/Paper/Scizzors could be: Team Rocket Game Corner

As a pokemon site, it would be cool to show off some creativity! Please post thoughts and maybe possible replacements for forum sections!!!

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I agree with this, but I also feel that we should implement new forum sections, like RMT (to put more awareness up about it rather than the occasional post in Competitive). There's probably a few others I've mentioned in the past, but yeah.

pplzdude

Just A Nice Guy
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
As much as I enjoy the thought of this idea it would confuse new members even more than they already are with navigating the forum and deciding where their post would be appropriate.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
As much as I enjoy the thought of this idea it would confuse new members even more than they already are with navigating the forum and deciding where their post would be appropriate.
But all the section already hve subtext explaining why each forum section is for, so it seems tedious to have it repeated. Example; "General Chat" -to talk about anything "Buy/Sell Perfect Pokemon" -Buy and Sell 6iv pokemon

pplzdude

Just A Nice Guy
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
But all the section already hve subtext explaining why each forum section is for, so it seems tedious to have it repeated. Example; "General Chat" -to talk about anything "Buy/Sell Perfect Pokemon" -Buy and Sell 6iv pokemon

Jiggly, you and I both knows that subtext is almost never read by new members.
Like I said, I enjoy the idea, but it may complicate things.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Jiggly, you and I both knows that subtext is almost never read by new members.
Like I said, I enjoy the idea, but it may complicate things.
I read subtext. Most forum sites have subtext so people know what it is. It's literally RIGHT THERE. Idk how you would miss it, especially if you don't know what the foru is for. I feel that if people won't read subtext, then they shouldn't be on the site because they won't read OPs and the rules.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I read subtext. Most forum sites have subtext so people know what it is. It's literally RIGHT THERE. Idk how you would miss it, especially if you don't know what the foru is for. I feel that if people won't read subtext, then they shouldn't be on the site because they won't read OPs and the rules.

From my experience as a mod I'm inclined to agree with pplz in the fact that no one will read it and it may lead to confusion. Obviously I wish people were reading the rules and everything but it might just complicate things unnecessarily.
I agree with this, but I also feel that we should implement new forum sections, like RMT (to put more awareness up about it rather than the occasional post in Competitive). There's probably a few others I've mentioned in the past, but yeah.

That's a whole different issue, I'd love some new forums too and I know there are some good ideas out there, I'll look into talking to the admins and see what they say

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
From my experience as a mod I'm inclined to agree with pplz in the fact that no one will read it and it may lead to confusion. Obviously I wish people were reading the rules and everything but it might just complicate things unnecessarily.

That's a whole different issue, I'd love some new forums too and I know there are some good ideas out there, I'll look into talking to the admins and see what they say
Already got some backing lol. I'll think about some other ideas overnight and try and get a thread posted soon

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
There is originality in the toggle names. PokéMart - Buy/Sell, Perfect Pokemon League, Lumiose City Square, Team Wars - Choose Your Side etc.

However giving the forums themselves creative different names would be confusing for new members who as stated before "don't read the subtext". Just recently there was a question posted asking what rock/paper/scissors was (for an example).

This site has a lot of younger members in it too, we have to think of them and make it as easy as possible to maneuver around the site, otherwise it gets frustrating and not worth sticking around. :)

testing