• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

[Unofficial] ORAS OU Viability Tour (READ AND UNDERSTAND THE OP IN FULL BEFORE SIGNING UP)

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
[I might make a banner later, but if anyone wants make one then go ahead and I'll credit you if you do]
ORAS OU Viability Tour
Welcome to the viability tournament! This tournament is an ORAS OU tournament with a twist: the Pokémon you are able to use are limited by their viability. To be specific, teams must meet four requirements:
  • 1 Pokémon must be ranked S or lower
  • 2 Pokémon must be ranked B+ or lower
  • 2 Pokémon must be ranked C+ or lower
  • 1 Pokémon must be ranked D or lower
Rules:
  • This tournament is based on Smogon's banlist. This is because the viability rankings resource is more reliable on there, making it easier to regulate teams.
  • Standard OU clauses and bans apply.
  • Ensure you use the team structure outlined above. The viability rankings will be frozen at the start of the round (I will post it in the matchups post) to prevent confusion regarding changes in the thread.
  • Rounds are to be played as best of 1 (1 game wins you the set) and the tournament is single elimination (1 loss and you're out).
  • Matches are to be played on Pokémon Showdown!. This is because it is easier to manage the banlist and easier to access replays on it than it is on cartridge. Please use the coded OU format.
  • You may change teams between rounds. I encourage experimentation with different Pokémon, so don't feel like you're tied down to using the same team every round :)
  • No ghosting - I cannot emphasise this enough. Not only is it a dick move, but this tournament is just meant to be a bit of fun. Please don't be that guy who wins because of someone else telling you what to do. If there are any aligations of ghosting they will be taken very seriously, and you can be disqualified from participation if you break this rule.
Etiquette, prizes and other additional information:
To sign up, simply reply to the thread saying that you are taking part in the tournament (a simple "in" will suffice, but just so long as it says you're playing feel free to post whatever) and send me 50 PC to sign up. I will use a cutoff of 16, 32 or 64 players, depending on the popularity of the tournament. If you sign up but do not make the cutoff, you will be signed up as a reserve for round 1 (no byes), and if there are any activity claims or forfeits for round one a reserve will be chosen at random to replace the disqualified player. If after everyone has played or the round ends you didn't get paired for round 1, you will be reimbursed with the PC you payed to sign up (if I forget to reimburse you feel free to spam my wall until I do) and will not be eligible to play. I will make a note of how much has been submitted, and it will all go into a pot which will be distributed as follows:
  • 1st place gets 50% of total pot
  • 2nd place gets 25% of total pot
  • 3rd place will get 12.5% of total pot
Every round's matchups will be randomly generated at the start of the round. This means there will be no bracket to follow, but it means that it is much easier for me to ensure that everyone is playing the right person due to me being able to tag people at the start of the round as well as to ensure that it is fair for everyone.

Rounds will last 7 days and you can play your opponent at any point during that week. Contact your opponent saying you're paired and state your timezone to arrange a time to play (wallposts are good for this), and then make a note in this thread that you have contacted your opponent. If you have not recieved a reply within 72 hours (that's three full days) you can make a claim for activity (please post again for activity in this thread). After you're match, the winner should post saying who they beat and post the URL to the replay so that I can ensure that you aren't lying and to ensure that the teams are legal for use. Please use alts which are similar to your username on here so that I can identify who is who in each replay.

At the start of round 1, I will post a team dump thread in the competitive battling section in which you can submit any teams, cores or Pokémon which put in work in your matches. This will be purely for fun, so it isn't mandatory to post in there, but I highly encourage you to do so because it is a great way to show off anything you may have found.
=========================================
Not gonna specify a time when signups will close as it is entirely dependent on the popularity of the tournament, so I will close signups and then shortly after I will post the round 1 matchups. Best of luck :)

Last edited:

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
1 Pokémon must be ranked S or lower
2 Pokémon must be ranked B+ or lower
2 Pokémon must be ranked C+ or lower
2 Pokémon must be ranked D or lower
Lol at this

I may be in but it honestly depends on my schedule. I'll let you know over Skype sooner if I'm in.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Ten bucks this'll go as well as PPL
I could put it up. Its only 10 atm because idk how popular it will be. Should I put it up?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I could put it up. Its only 10 atm because idk how popular it will be. Should I put it up?
Most definitely. If people are willing to splash out on 35-50PC for a tournament, then 10PC per person isn't going to give a great prize pool, and you can definitely get more out of people.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
The new entry charge is 50PC

Also I've fixed the typo in the OP. I meant 1 D as opposed to 2 lol

BlazingInfernape

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
I'm in for this. Finally a tournament I can participate in. Sent the 50pc to you now @Martin

Bruh

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
[I might make a banner later, but if anyone wants make one then go ahead and I'll credit you if you do]
ORAS OU Viability Tour
Welcome to the viability tournament! This tournament is an ORAS OU tournament with a twist: the Pokémon you are able to use are limited by their viability. To be specific, teams must meet four requirements:
  • 1 Pokémon must be ranked S or lower
  • 2 Pokémon must be ranked B+ or lower
  • 2 Pokémon must be ranked C+ or lower
  • 1 Pokémon must be ranked D or lower
Rules:
  • This tournament is based on Smogon's banlist. This is because the viability rankings resource is more reliable on there, making it easier to regulate teams.
  • Standard OU clauses and bans apply.
  • Ensure you use the team structure outlined above. The viability rankings will be frozen at the start of the round (I will post it in the matchups post) to prevent confusion regarding changes in the thread.
  • Rounds are to be played as best of 1 (1 game wins you the set) and the tournament is single elimination (1 loss and you're out).
  • Matches are to be played on Pokémon Showdown!. This is because it is easier to manage the banlist and easier to access replays on it than it is on cartridge. Please use the coded OU format.
  • You may change teams between rounds. I encourage experimentation with different Pokémon, so don't feel like you're tied down to using the same team every round :)
  • No ghosting - I cannot emphasise this enough. Not only is it a dick move, but this tournament is just meant to be a bit of fun. Please don't be that guy who wins because of someone else telling you what to do. If there are any aligations of ghosting they will be taken very seriously, and you can be disqualified from participation if you break this rule.
Etiquette, prizes and other additional information:
To sign up, simply reply to the thread saying that you are taking part in the tournament (a simple "in" will suffice, but just so long as it says you're playing feel free to post whatever) and send me 50 PC to sign up. I will use a cutoff of 16, 32 or 64 players, depending on the popularity of the tournament. If you sign up but do not make the cutoff, you will be signed up as a reserve for round 1 (no byes), and if there are any activity claims or forfeits for round one a reserve will be chosen at random to replace the disqualified player. If after everyone has played or the round ends you didn't get paired for round 1, you will be reimbursed with the PC you payed to sign up (if I forget to reimburse you feel free to spam my wall until I do) and will not be eligible to play. I will make a note of how much has been submitted, and it will all go into a pot which will be distributed as follows:
  • 1st place gets 50% of total pot
  • 2nd place gets 25% of total pot
  • 3rd place will get 12.5% of total pot
Every round's matchups will be randomly generated at the start of the round. This means there will be no bracket to follow, but it means that it is much easier for me to ensure that everyone is playing the right person due to me being able to tag people at the start of the round as well as to ensure that it is fair for everyone.

Rounds will last 7 days and you can play your opponent at any point during that week. Contact your opponent saying you're paired and state your timezone to arrange a time to play (wallposts are good for this), and then make a note in this thread that you have contacted your opponent. If you have not recieved a reply within 72 hours (that's three full days) you can make a claim for activity (please post again for activity in this thread). After you're match, the winner should post saying who they beat and post the URL to the replay so that I can ensure that you aren't lying and to ensure that the teams are legal for use. Please use alts which are similar to your username on here so that I can identify who is who in each replay.

At the start of round 1, I will post a team dump thread in the competitive battling section in which you can submit any teams, cores or Pokémon which put in work in your matches. This will be purely for fun, so it isn't mandatory to post in there, but I highly encourage you to do so because it is a great way to show off anything you may have found.
=========================================
Not gonna specify a time when signups will close as it is entirely dependent on the popularity of the tournament, so I will close signups and then shortly after I will post the round 1 matchups. Best of luck :)
Who else is gonna make sure @notsoclutch doesn't get an easy 3peat? ;) Lets do this.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
@Bruh don't forget to send in PC if ur participating

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
2833.jpg
10 minutes ago - Martin: Just join please I want to at least get 8 people D:
10 minutes ago - Loli-Shark: I would join if it was 35/40, 50 is just a little too steep for me
10 minutes ago - Martin: Don't leave me having to re-distribute PC
9 minutes ago - Martin: I'll pay you to join if i have to lol
9 minutes ago - Loli-Shark: pay me 10pc and I'll join :p
9 minutes ago - notsoclutch: How's about I help out.
9 minutes ago - Loli-Shark: seeing as that'd make the difference
9 minutes ago - Martin: Deal

So stubborn

Last edited:

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
OK so I got bored and it doesn't look like anyone else is signing up, so I've done the randomisation.

@BlazingInfernape vs. @cj-97 @PC Principal
@Arceusrsz vs. @Loli-Shark
[S]@KeananSte[/S] vs. @Martin
[S]@notsoclutch[/S] vs. @Bruh

Substitutes:
@PC Principal

You have one week to get your games. If you don't get a reply within 72 hours of contacting your opponent, you can make a claim for activity. Make sure to post in the thread once you've contacted your opponent (as in right after you make a wallpost or whatever) so that I can track it, and make sure to post proof of contact if you contacted using a means other than wallposting. Don't use the IM system though as it is buggy. As it is round 1, PC Principle will substitute with the first activity claim. If you are a substitute and you do not play, you will be refunded. However, if you were paired and get disqualified for activity you will not be refunded due to having wasted both my time and your opponent's time, and the PC you have submitted will go into the pot. You can still sign up as a sub, and if we get a total of 8 subs this will become 16-man.

Also, due to the low number of participants, the pot distribution is being changed unless reserves bring it up to 16-man. It is now distributed so that the winner gets the full pot.

Best of luck to everyone participating!

Last edited:

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
OK so I got bored and it doesn't look like anyone else is signing up, so I've done the randomisation.

@BlazingInfernape vs. @cj-97
@Arceusrsz vs. @Loli-Shark
@KeananSte vs. @Martin
@notsoclutch @Bruh

Substitutes:
@PC Principal

You have one week to get your games. If you don't get a reply within 72 hours of contacting your opponent, you can make a claim for activity. Make sure to post in the thread once you've contacted your opponent (as in right after you make a wallpost or whatever) so that I can track it, and make sure to post proof of contact if you contacted using a means other than wallposting. Don't use the IM system though as it is buggy. As it is round 1, PC Principle will substitute with the first activity claim. If you are a substitute and you do not play, you will be refunded. However, if you were paired and get disqualified for activity you will not be refunded due to having wasted both my time and your opponent's time, and the PC you have submitted will go into the pot. You can still sign up as a sub, and if we get a total of 8 subs this will become 16-man.

Also, due to the low number of participants, the pot distribution is being changed unless reserves bring it up to 16-man. It is now distributed so that the winner gets the full pot.

Best of luck to everyone participating!
Not to be pedantic in the slightest way possible but you missed a "vs."

I feel bad just commenting this and looking like a grammar nazi tbph