• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Vivillon question

PokemonFan

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I know that Vivillon wing's pattern depend on my game location but when this is set? When the pokemon is created ( hatched or catched as a Scatterbug) or when Spewba evolves into Vivillon?

Nonny

Pokémon Champion
Journalist
Credits
I know that Vivillon wing's pattern depend on my game location but when this is set? When the pokemon is created ( hatched or catched as a Scatterbug) or when Spewba evolves into Vivillon?
I think it's set when the poke is generated. I've been Wonder Traded several Scatterbugs that I then evolved into different pattern Vivillons.

Strawberries

Captain Mc. Salt'n
Donor
Journalist
Credits
Bulbapedia says:
Vivillon's wing pattern depends on the real-world geographic location set on the game the Pokémon was generated in. There are a total of 20 known patterns.
This basically means Where in the world was the game that caught this pokemon in, Will make it this type of pattern.

PokemonFan

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Too bad then. I hope that it set when Spewba evolve so i can breed a shiny of my own and ask a friend to evolve it for me so it can have the pattern i like

testing