• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

What are you looking forward to about ORAS based on what has been revealed? so far?

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
The title is pretty self-explanitory. Out of what has been revealed so far, what are you looking foreward to most?

Please remember that this is not based on the original Ruby and Sapphire, but on what has been revealed so far. Please give reasons - i dont want a load of un-justified opinions to clutter this thread - and edit the post if you want to add/change anything instead of double-posting (posting twice before someone else posts) as that just leads to clutter.

To get the thread going, I am looking foreward to the new megas (inc. Primal Groudon and Kyogre and the basic confermation the return of permaweather - in ubers anyway - when Game Freak said that they had boosted versions of their normal abilities) as I've found that megas (usually) increase variety into battles and add that extra layer when teambuilding, making otherwise inviable stuff like Medicham, Pinsir, Kangaskhan, Mawile etc. viable and, in the case of Kangaskhan, completely and utterly broken (as I will never accept the Aegislash ban on Smogon, meaning that Mawile isn't actually broken).

Feel free to make constructive posts, and please have an informed discussion below. I am interested to see what other people's opinions are, and I am sure that there are others of you who feel the same.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
New megas mainly. I love the fact that the introduction of all these new Pokemon could effectively change the bans that Smogon has done this gen, or even make other Pokes even more viable to act as checks/counters. I'm interested to see which Megas will rise to the top out of this as well.

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I want to see if this new Contest Star has a big role in the Game's storyline. I want to see if Steven is still the Elite Four Champ or if someone new takes his place.

adishu

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
and i hope we can get starters from gen2 or 4 in ORAS as we got in pokemon x and y namely squirtle and all

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
Probably the return of the secret bases and the Primal Devolution. The secret bases were fun in 4th gen and with the addition of making it a gym, that's something interesting in my books. Plus the new Primal Pokemon look amazing. Being similar to the Mega Evolution but reverting them back to their primal form seems like good idea.

testing