• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

What starter did you pick, and why?

Kalzran

Youngster Joey
Credits
I went with Rowlet. Definitely the cutest (IMO) and I really liked the grass/ghost typing for Decidueye. I was put off by Dartrix (not a fan of the design) but I decided to circumvent that issue by not letting my Rowlet evolve until level 49, and then having it evolve right away again to Decidueye at 50. I wasn't 100% sold on any of the starters at first - especially their final forms - but they've all grown on me a lot.

NLVeritas

Youngster Joey
Credits
I chose Rowlet because I liked his design and I also in previous game I always chose for the Fire or Water starter and this time I wanted a change.

texextra

Youngster Joey
Credits
Such a toss up and so hard to decide for me! Really enjoy all three designs, and their evo lines.

First run tried a nuzlocke with Rowlett, got wiped out at the second trial, was having a great time with the li'l guy as well

Second run, a Litten, but due to work had to put the game down for a while and lost touch with where I was at, so, reset!

Recently begun with a Popplio, he's male, so I named him Sting after the singer.

They're a cute bunch! But still looking to see who grows into my favourite this gen.

Daigusto_Ultimo

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
i got all 3 as well as my wife by using both of our games to proxy them between. i mainly wanted litten and rowlet because they were the two that most seemed simple in design.

True Blue

Youngster Joey
Credits
Litten was my first Gen 7 Starter. When I saw them before the games release, I immediately wanted one. Although when the evolution's were leaked, I was disappointed by his final form.

garac131

Youngster Joey
Credits
Tell me why you chose your starter!

I chose Litten because cats are assholes, and I own four of them.
No type preference, really - I've since managed to get hold of the other two starters anyway!
Litten too
Because I liked the third evolution
That was what I looked for

desertfreak

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I chose Rowlet. I intended to choose Litten, however the more I looked at Rowlet, the cuter it got. I didn't even evolve my Rowlet :p

Libby

Youngster Joey
Credits
I choose litten, not knowing what the final lookd like. I am sick of these bipedal fire starters and wanted a beast four legged destroyer cat. I was almost certain it was going to be fire/dark. I am very upset at its 3rd evo. I' sick of fire fighting two legged things. I ditched my starter.

Daigusto_Ultimo

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I choose litten, not knowing what the final lookd like. I am sick of these bipedal fire starters and wanted a beast four legged destroyer cat. I was almost certain it was going to be fire/dark. I am very upset at its 3rd evo. I' sick of fire fighting two legged things. I ditched my starter.
Upside is it is a fire dark type

callum

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Litten always try to pick up the fire type bar a few when i have gone for the water type, never ever got a grass type even when there have been 3 good ones like gen in gen 3

LeeksyChan

Youngster Joey
Credits
I put my starter in the box and transferred over Chikorita.. Popplio is my favorite gen 7 starter but I used him in Moon and didn't want to use the other ones in Ultra Sun

Brophia

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I actually chose Rowlett because it was so cute as a starter! I was going for a cute but strong aesthetic for my team when I started the game. I added on Buneary and Inkay so it fit really well.

I feel like grass types were super underrated in the previous games and I also always go with water types so I thought switching over would be a nice change ;)

Daigusto_Ultimo

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I actually chose Rowlett because it was so cute as a starter! I was going for a cute but strong aesthetic for my team when I started the game. I added on Buneary and Inkay so it fit really well.

I feel like grass types were super underrated in the previous games and I also always go with water types so I thought switching over would be a nice change ;)
it had nothing to do with the fact that primarina looks feminine even as a male pokemon?