• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active What Type Of Official Tourneys Do You Want?

Next Official Tournament?

• UU

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • NU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RU

• PU

• Doubles

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • LC

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Multi (2v2)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Ubers

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Other (Leave in comments)

• Total voters

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
So on February Ninth we had our first official non OU tournament! It was NFE and as we move further away from our standard OU tournaments I was curious what type you guys would like to see, we have tiers, formats, etc

Please vote on the poll and state why in the comments!

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I'm gonna vote for UU. We had NFE before but we did receive complaints that no one had NFE mons ready and it was difficult to get them done in time (though this is not true - people had plenty of time). UU is more of a middle ground, as people are familiar with the tier, probably have the Pokemon ready and we can keep on pulling away from OU based tournaments.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
LC, Dubs, VGC'15, VGC'14 and more NFE

LC because it is really fun to play and level 5s have such insane rolls
Doubles is more fun than singles in every way possible
VGC'15 is a fun format to play once you look past M-Mence
VGC'14 because it is still a fun format to play even though it is outdated.
NFE cause NFE

Also give us FFA cause it is hectic and fun.

also ditch OU

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I'm gonna vote for UU. We had NFE before but we did receive complaints that no one had NFE mons ready and it was difficult to get them done in time (though this is not true - people had plenty of time). UU is more of a middle ground, as people are familiar with the tier, probably have the Pokemon ready and we can keep on pulling away from OU based tournaments.

I think keeping one OU every third or so tournament would be cool just because it's so standard and it's the most played on the site

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
multi would be better because it gets more involvement.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I think keeping one OU every third or so tournament would be cool just because it's so standard and it's the most played on the site
Agreed, so OU, [other tier], [other tier], OU?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Agreed, so OU, [other tier], [other tier], OU?

I'd like to see that personally, I mean OU was our only format for a reason for some time so keeping it relevant is probably something people would like to see or something at least i'd like to see

On a side note I think doubles would be pretty sweet or multis just because they're so different than singles we'd attract a completely fresh group of people while still retaining some of the usual participants

AndromedaNexus

Lorekeeper
Donor
Credits
I voted for ubers simply because It's both a simpler metagame for newcomers and a creatively complex metagame for the the more advanced players

Sewage

Pokémon Champion
Will Not Fall
Donor
Journalist
Credits
LC would be really fun I think, there would probably be similar complaints as far as people not having mons but given more than a weeks notice more people should be able to participate. I would be happy to see any lower tier tourneys though.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
LC would be really fun I think, there would probably be similar complaints as far as people not having mons but given more than a weeks notice more people should be able to participate. I would be happy to see any lower tier tourneys though.

The main issue with NFE was that it was not a thing to that extent prior to its creation on the site so it was a completely new thing where as LC is an established tier in a sense, IMO

Blaguard

Apex Predator
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
I'd say Doubles or UU would be the best as they're still similar to OU, but different enough to be a nice break from the standard battling (on top of the fact that people will actually have at least some pokes to start out with.) I'd be more in favor of doubles simply because of the enourmous variety of pokes that end up having niche viability alongside standard OU threats.

As many of you know, I was pretty solidly against NFE as our first non-OU tournament because I just don't feel that one week is enough time to not just breed/buy a team, but to learn an entire new tier and assemble a team that works in the first place, alongside the fact that NFEs are entirely tier specific (you can use UU pokes in OU, you can't use NFEs anywhere but NFE or maybe PU). Once the tier is more established, however, and everyone starts actually having teams prepared for it, I wouldn't mind having another NFE tourney (but I think it should be a much slower transition from standard battles.) Same goes to LC to a lesser extent (since there's actually a way to test it without showing everyone in the tourney your team.)

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I'd say Doubles or UU would be the best as they're still similar to OU, but different enough to be a nice break from the standard battling (on top of the fact that people will actually have at least some pokes to start out with.) I'd be more in favor of doubles simply because of the enourmous variety of pokes that end up having niche viability alongside standard OU threats.

As many of you know, I was pretty solidly against NFE as our first non-OU tournament because I just don't feel that one week is enough time to not just breed/buy a team, but to learn an entire new tier and assemble a team that works in the first place, alongside the fact that NFEs are entirely tier specific (you can use UU pokes in OU, you can't use NFEs anywhere but NFE or maybe PU). Once the tier is more established, however, and everyone starts actually having teams prepared for it, I wouldn't mind having another NFE tourney (but I think it should be a much slower transition from standard battles.) Same goes to LC to a lesser extent (since there's actually a way to test it without showing everyone in the tourney your team.)

I think that's most likely why UU is leading at the time of this post, I agree on the NFE thing but yeah, I think doubles would be cool if not multis just for a change of pace

testing