• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

When will the next Pokémon game come out 2015?

When will the next Pokémon game come out 2015?

By doulie
Published 
When will the new Pokémon game come out 2015?

When will the next Pokémon game come out? There has been alot of speculation as to when the next Pokemon game will come out and what it will be. Pokemon Z? Pokemon x2 and y2? Pokemon XZ and YZ? Or maybe just skip right through to generation 7. In this article I am going to go over as much information as I can put together and see what the data tells us.

Most people seem to be looking at the release history of the main series Pokémon games to figure out when the next game will be released, which we will look at, but first I want to show you guys some supposedly leaked scans of the next Pokémon games XZ and Pokémon YZ via the Japanese Cora Cora magazines.

image1.png image2.png

If the scans are fake, which I think they are, they're still quite interesting and worth talking about because they represent one possible path Gamefreak could take in the development of the next Pokémon games. In the traditional watercolor style of official looking Pokémon these scans introduce what appears to be a Zygarde fusion was Xerneas known as Zygarde X and a Zygarde fusion with Yveltal known as Zygarde Y.

If there was a sequel or third part to X and Y a legitimate plot continuation could include some danger to the ecosystem and Zygarde reverting to a previous form by fusing with Xerneas or Yveltal to offset danger to the ecosystem based on what kind of danger the ecosystem happened to be in. Pokedex entries in X and Y clearly hinted at this.

The concept of fusing is similar to that found in gen five with the kyurem fusion. I don't quite think that game freak would actually do the exact same thing again, which makes me rule this out as a possibility, especially when brought within the context of this quote by Junichi Masuda. Where he says ...
Junichi Masuda said:
If after black and white we came out with Pokemon Grey people would've been expecting that, same thing with X and Y having a Z straight afterwards, so we are always trying to surprise people.

Fusion and direct sequels were something done in generation five and with that quote existing as there current motto I don't think that they would come out and do basically the exact same thing with two generations back to back. It also somewhat more directly rules out a Pokémon Z with the part that says 'same thing with X and Y having a Z straight afterwards so we are... trying to surprise people.' Unless you take it to mean that he's just saying that having Z come out right away would be more predictable but not the release itself. Either way it sounds to me like they are ruling out both the sequel and a possible Pokemon Z, as it is too predictable.

Where does that leave us? Another remake? That seems unlikely since we just got one in ORAS not too long ago. So all thats really left is a new generation, generation seven. But doesn't it seem too early for another generation? Well when looking at the timeline for Pokémon releases, we see that almost every third part or sequel comes out two years after the launch the generation with the exception of Crystal which came out a year directly afterwards.

So since Pokémon X and Y came out in October 2013 if there was going to be a Z or sequel 2 years later, of course would be 2015, and this will be the year to do it. However, its already July and there is no Pokémon Z announced in the US or Japan so I have another theory.

Here we go. Generation 6 debut only 72 new Pokémon which is the smallest generation we've ever seen, by far. Usually there are about 150 new pokemon in a Generation, when looking at the numbers, it looks almost as if we got half a generation. Maybe the original plan was to have the usual 150 Pokémon for this generation, but instead of releasing a game and a making a sequel like they did for black 2 and white 2. This time they split generation six into two parts/generations, thus creating more non-optional (must buy to progress the franchise) games. If I am right, we should expect to see something like 70-80 new Pokemon in the next Pokemon game, no idea yet if they will be presented as an addition to gen six or as generation seven.

Based on the logic above, its fair to assume that the next Pokemon game is very close to completion, since the 70-80 remaining Pokemon were probably created around the same time the gen six Pokemon in X and Y were created. Gamefreak may just be holding it back to avoid colliding with whatever they have planned for the Pokemon game 20-year anniversary in 2016 (next year). As for my predictions as to had they new games will be called. Pokemon Dawn and Pokemon Dusk has been floating around and it feels like a good fit.

Check out this fan made trailer:

What are your thoughts? What do you think the new games will be called? Leave you thoughts below, it will be fun to revisit this thread after the games are announced and see if you were correct.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Fusion was a on time gimmick, Z seems to be the most obvious direction IMO, Zygarde is underrated and he has those moves Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows, h is very deserving of some badass forms and I think the next game will come out in Fall 2016, Pokemon Z

X2 Y2 don't seem too promising IMO because XY were so big on launching the 3ds features I don't think they set up well for sequels however a third wouldn't be new to the pokemon franchise and I think it would be great for our unsung hero Zygarde

I also believe those scans are fake and i'm a huge skeptic considering all of the fake content we see it's hard to believe anything that isn't straight from the official source these days to be honest

I like to believe we're getting new games but Gen 6 isn't done, there's definitely more room with those moves and volcanion buried in the code for sure

K

Krelbit

──────▄▌▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
───▄▄██▌█ BEEP BEEP WORD DUMP INCOMING
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)▀

I've been watching tons of CS:GO shoutcasts lately, so my typing style may resemble that of a shoutcaster's analysis.

Gen 7, probably, yet probably not. While the average generation length lasts about 3 years these days, Game Freak and Nintendo love to keep us in the dark and then throw a total trap over our heads, (leaked megas on reddit being completely false, anyone?) surprising us entirely with the way their projects have turned out. So here are my speculations on unexpected things Ninty could do to angst us and keep us happy.

Meanwhile, volcanion sits in the back of the gen 6 vault, still unreleased. While he may be a joint release event for gen 6 and gen 7, something GF has never done before, I believe there still may be one game left for gen 6, as they'll try to work that into their events with a tie-in through the anime or inside the movies, which we would have to wait, even another year for.

Now, a sequel for the two ORAS games would be heavily unexpected and would be absolutely amazing. Maybe we'd even see the battle frontier open up again, something fans heavily clamored for with the release of ORAS. The problem lies in the lack of conflict in the Hoenn region, but you never count Nintendo out. They can make super amazing story developments, including
that awesome retcon during the delta episode of ORAS, with the parallel universes and everything.

I personally would like to see a return to the Orre region, with expansions on travel and difficulty, even on the Wii U to make it a bit more at home with the two black sheep of the pokemon games, console XD and Colosseum. Wii U, having a bigger capacity for space, could result in a longer game. Btw, ORAS were 2 gigs apiece, even with the whole contests, secret bases, mp3 format music and everything. With more storage capability, it'd be nice to see what game freak could pull off.

Now, with that additional supposed Zygarde form, we get to see a bit more into gamefreak's thinking here. Zygarde is most definitely a gen 6 legendary, and volcanion still being unreleased makes this a bit more predictable. There will MOST LIKELY be a gen 6 game coming in to finish the generation, due to a second Zygarde form needing additional signature moves, much like kyurem with his fusions. Who knows, maybe zygarde could be the token legendary for gen 7, or maybe it's just another pokemon entirely, but i wouldn't go so far as to rule it out. Since the anime and the games like to go hand in hand, and *checks serebii real quick* Japan actually, seems to be moving into snowbelle city the location of the last gym in XY. This actually could go anywhere. Now we're back where we started, but that's just really a testament to how good nintendo is at keeping us in the dark.

All in all, speculation. I'm always excited to see standing products come out of nintendo, Their games are always finished, bugs are usually fixed, not an exorbitant amount of DLC. The pokemon games are no exception.

TLDR: idk rer

Last edited by a moderator:

x0rqasmatr0n

Bad Blood
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Friendzilla
Credits
great post, this has me hyped for the next game already. darnit doulie!

Cannu

Staff member
Mod
Donor
Journalist
Credits
These kinds of discussions always get me excited and pumped up for the new release(s) :D

I'd have to say that I can't imagine the X2 Y2 concept becoming a thing as like @Dom mentioned, that series has already brought with it a HUGE bucket load of features, and I think that if they went for that decision, it wouldn't work in their favour (or 'favor' to please all those haters...). That being said, I do find your concept about how they only released half of the supposed generation 6 new Pokemon, and from that, I'd look at it two ways.

1. They ran out of time and are planning some kind of work around to add these into Gen 6.

2. They legitimately only planned to develop half the usual number of Pokemon.

If I had to choose, I'd pick the 2nd because when you take a step back and look at the number we already have, we're gradually closing in on the 1000 mark, and I think for anybody having that number of Pokemon would just be absurd. They'd have to increase number of boxes which would slightly mitigate interest in the Pokebank, and I'm sure there'd be a large number of repercussions that would follow.

As it stands, the game in terms of size is HUGE, and I think that the fact they only released half the number of Pokemon for Gen 6, is a sign of a possible trend.

But I digress :p For all I know, this could all be wrong but I guess it's always a nice feeling to let your ideas flourish :D

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
One thing I have to add here:

greenblob1th.jpg

Some green blob was found in the movie trailer and if you don't know what this is... It's all right, no one does. However, this does mean Nintendo/Gamefreak are working on something. Whilst I do doubt a 2015 release, I think that releases will start to go back to how they did in Gen 4/early Gen 5 - around a March release.

testing