• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Which versions did you find most challenging for Nuzlocke?

Yung

Youngster Joey
Credits
I've played most of the various games at this point looking for the most challenging Nuzlocke possible. Zeta and Omicron have given me the best play experience and one of the harder challenges but I think the flat out hardest Nuzlocke run for me was a Gen II run, I was used to move sets in newer generations and really struggled with the backwards transition. My Pokemon died more often than not in Gym battles and when I finally reach victory road I lost two more of my Pokemon and spent hours and hours training replacements just to lose them to the Champion when he killed me.

My favorite Nuzlocke run so far has been Zeta. What about you?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
My favourite nuzlocke run so far has easily been anything to do with Emerald, especially my Random Emerald runs. I'm currently on my third (a story chesslocke that you can find here) and it's going quite well :)

As for the hardest, that easily goes to Snakewood. The fact that you need to grossly overtrain before doing anything (plus the new Pokemon that you have no idea how to deal with) mean that you go into a whole new game. I'm still going on my current run, and hope to complete it.

Yung

Youngster Joey
Credits
My favourite nuzlocke run so far has easily been anything to do with Emerald, especially my Random Emerald runs. I'm currently on my third (a story chesslocke that you can find here) and it's going quite well :)

As for the hardest, that easily goes to Snakewood. The fact that you need to grossly overtrain before doing anything (plus the new Pokemon that you have no idea how to deal with) mean that you go into a whole new game. I'm still going on my current run, and hope to complete it.

I've never even heard of Snakewood.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I've never even heard of Snakewood.
Google it. It's a great one to play normally, and it's a hack of Ruby. It revolves around some kind of zombie apocalypse, but due to not completing it, I cannot tell you much more.

Lee-chan

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Most challenging for me was Sacred HeartGold a hack made by Drano...I think haha:p

Last edited:

The Fifth Whisper

Youngster Joey
Credits
I haven't nuzlocked many games, but... hmm... I never had much luck with the fifth generation in general-- Cheren wiped me more times than I could count, and Cress/Chili/the other one always weakened me enough to get rekt by the Plasma Grunts in the Dreamyard.

Maybe I'm just a scrub.

testing