• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Would like an experienced input(s) LC Machop build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozar

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hey there! I wish to share the Machop build I designed for my girlfriends LC Team. (Machop's her fav.) But before I start breeding, any amount of input, suggestions would be perfect. I'll explain the best I can the reasons I chose each aspect of Machop.

I wouldn't say I was NEW to competitive battling- but I am no expert by far! And wanted to try something a little different.

Machop; LV.100
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Held Item: White Herb
Ability: No Guard
Moves: -
Bullet Punch - Steel priority move/Type Coverage
-Knock Off - Knocks off opponents held items
-Focus Punch - Powerful STAB attack,
Low accuracy negated by No Guard, White Herb enables immediate one time use.
-Ice Punch- Type Coverage/Dem Frozen Fish be real good.
Overall this moveset, for an all-out attacker covers 12 types super effectively. The remaining types;Fight, Fire, Water,Poison, Electric and Bug. The moves also cover its weaknesses. Hopefully able to use it's strength to knock down opposing threats such as Archen.

As I wanted to try something a little different this build accommodates Focus Punch, a powerful STAB attack for Machop. With the express purpose of powerhousing through a tough defensive type.
Nature-wise. Either Adamant for boosted Attack or Jolly, to give Machop a bit of speed.
Ability: No Guard enables Focus Punch to be 100% accurate. This, in conjunction with White Herb enables a one time immediate use of Focus Punch for the express purpose of taking down defensive pokemon.
For its EV spread I was thinking max attack/speed with leftovers in HP for a little bulk.

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
mmm muscle man ;P

- I dun think the 4 hp is gonna make much difference lolz but to each their own
- why not test it on showdown first silly in the 1v1

pplzdude

Just A Nice Guy
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
mmm muscle man ;P

- I dun think the 4 hp is gonna make much difference lolz but to each their own
- why not test it on showdown first silly in the 1v1

He has to put the last 6EV's somewhere, so a tiny extra bit of bulk is nice there if he has nowhere else to put it.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
LC is played at level 5; not 100. This means that it would need to completely revamp the EV spread so as to not be wasting any EVs. However, Machop is almost entirely outclassed by Timburr anyway, so there isn't really much reason to use it on a serious competitive team. Here is what I recommend:

Timburr @ Eviolite
Level: 5
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up / Poison Jab

The EVs allow it to survive Fletchling's Acrobatics and make its SpD stat as high as possible. The rest is dumped into attack to bolster your power a little. Your choice of Poison Jab vs. Bulk Up depends on if you want to be able to beat Spritzee or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

testing